Fuel Mileage

I am @ 55 MPG on the nose, if you look @ HD site it says in foot note5 some riders may get better mileage this is based on 5 gallons not 6
55 MPG!!?? Really?? Wow!! What speeds are you travelling to get this outstanding mileage? I figure if I get 45 MPG at a reasonable speed I'm doing really good - and that is calculated with a larger Imperial gallon vs a US gallon. Good on ya....

Don't think tank size has much effect on gas mileage only range...

Cheers
Doug

gas milage

I think someone has to learn how to figure out gas mileage. if I put 6 gallons of gas in my tank and calculate that I only put in 5 gallons I lso would get great gas milage

I get 99 miles to a gallon with my Hemi Ram, Down hill foot off the accelerator...:D ;);).. Don't know what my Tri-Glide gets checking MPG that way, It doesn't have a MPG Gauge/Calculator like the Ram has...

I am @ 55 MPG on the nose, if you look @ HD site it says in foot note5 some riders may get better mileage this is based on 5 gallons not 6

That must be mostly 'down hill", or you are running TOO LEAN, as I have never heard of such a statement, especially from anyone with a heavy Trike!! :confused: I would think that anyone that is getting anywhere in the mid to high 30's or at best low 40's is doing about as good as it gets.:clapping:

Roger

Same here

Mid thirty's if I behave myself 99% time riding two up. drops when I get feeling young ya kno!:Shrug: few vices left at my age :Joker3: ride safely fearless

I don't believe 55mpg - period.

I ride like I stole it. I very rarely ride at the speed limit - the lowest I go is 5 over. On the highway it's usually flat out 80% of the time. I normally get 32 to 35 mpg. A few times doing 35 to 45 mph in the back woods I'll easily get 45 mpg. NEVER GOT ANY HIGHER.

40 to 45 MPH seems like the sweet spot for getting the most MPG.

I don't believe 55mpg - period.

I ride like I stole it. I very rarely ride at the speed limit - the lowest I go is 5 over. On the highway it's usually flat out 80% of the time. I normally get 32 to 35 mpg. A few times doing 35 to 45 mph in the back woods I'll easily get 45 mpg. NEVER GOT ANY HIGHER.

40 to 45 MPH seems like the sweet spot for getting the most MPG.

:Agree: 100% Gary!! Must have been a LOT of DOWNHILL riding!!

Roger

I remember my ex father in law, who bought the very first VW in the Midwest. He told me about all the economy runs they use to do back then and what they did to their cars. He said he could get close to 100 mpg. First he washed/waxed the car, then he pumped the tires way above the maximum psi, closed all windows, turned off all accessories, removed all excess weight and had the car tuned up.

BTW: he lived in Kenosha, home of the Rambler. He was kind of a leper around town. :laugh: :laugh:

Had VW's until he died.

Last edited:
My buddy has a Street Glide with a T-Man 124 in it and was always bragging about getting 50 MPG.Well two years ago him myself and three other guys on HD baggers left Ohio and went out to Springfield Missouri,thru Eureka Springs,Memphis then home.So at every gas stop he would always take just about the same or a little less than me on a 12 Road Glide with 574 lift cams and a header.After some discussion we found out that he had his front sprocket changed to a 30 tooth so it was showing more miles to the tank than us,so that blew his theory on his mpg was getting a little less than me.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png