Any tips on putting the J&S trike jack together

Trampas

1000+ Posts
Aug 27, 2016
Des Moines IA US
I finally got enough money for the jack, supposed to be here today but guess their was a mix up on the shipping address, so will get it tomorrow.

So for the ones that have them, need some tips on putting it together, I'm sure their are directions but as a few of you that have them you know what to do and not do I guess, LOL.

All for now Trampas

It is extremely heavy. All I can say is follow the directions. Nothing unusual. The only problem I had was getting the adjustable back support to fit between the exhaust pipes. It's very tight. I had to loosen the right exhaust clamp and rotate it a little for clearance.
One tip = DO NOT USE FORCE TO RAISE THE BACK SECTION. I did and broke the cable end connection one time and locked it up once - that was a nightmare releasing it and trying to get it back together. It was very tough but doable.

Good luck

BTW: customer service was very good - they sent me a new cable right away. ThumbUp

My only concern now is will it work on the new Milwaukee8 TG with the new exhaust. I guess I should contact them.

Well the trike jack is together and works good. As Gary D said about the muffler clamp is true, I had to rotate my up which now is easy and I can use the muffler clamp as a guide which will work out great.

As for the 2017 it will not work as people have stated and I'm sure they are working on something for it. I know when I ordered my jack they ask what year it was.

Thanks for the replies but it was a straight forward putting it together, just rotating the muffler clamp is all.

All for now Trampas

Having done work on several of my friends trikes ... they ALL had to have the crossover pipe clamp rotated in order to use the jack.

Bob :D

I called J & S and told them how happy I was with the jack, I did mention to them that I had to move the crossover clamp so it would work better without having to move it around to get it to work good. Not sure if they will add this to the instructions or not, guess maybe I should have since it looks like quite a few people are having to move it.

All for now Trampas

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png