Comparison 2014 Triglide Vs. 2017 Triglide

FRR

Oct 12, 2012
Batavia Ohio
A friend of mine had a 2014 Tri and had issue after issue. Dealer talked him into trading for a new 2017 and he takes delivery this week. He was told they are "greatly improved" ( guess the bigger engine is part of the reason) and will have "significantly fewer issues". The dealer wasn't very big on specifics. For you folks that have either traded up or keep up with the changes, what should my friend expect in changes and improvments

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Good question

Possibly prayer. That is meant seriously with the issues some are having with the M8 mill ThumbUp ride safely fearless

A friend of mine had a 2014 Tri and had issue after issue. Dealer talked him into trading for a new 2017 and he takes delivery this week. He was told they are "greatly improved" ( guess the bigger engine is part of the reason) and will have "significantly fewer issues". The dealer wasn't very big on specifics. For you folks that have either traded up or keep up with the changes, what should my friend expect in changes and improvments

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Well, I took the same leap of faith when I stopped at the dealer to see about the 50K service on my '14 TG; I was also going to need all 3 tires, so I was looking at a hefty bill!

After 1100 miles, I can say that I have not (yet) experienced any new model year demons, but am enjoying a smoother ride, less vibration (balanced motor), less heat, and a noticeable performance bump over my Stage 1 2014 103. So far enjoying every minute.

Well the 107 doe's have two extra spark plugs....And that wild light-up the showroom Blue color...ThumbUp... I looked at it again to day while i was at my dealer having a new front tire put on...And it gave me that Come hither look and i almost got hooked...:xzqxz:

Well, I took the same leap of faith when I stopped at the dealer to see about the 50K service on my '14 TG; I was also going to need all 3 tires, so I was looking at a hefty bill!

After 1100 miles, I can say that I have not (yet) experienced any new model year demons, but am enjoying a smoother ride, less vibration (balanced motor), less heat, and a noticeable performance bump over my Stage 1 2014 103. So far enjoying every minute.

Why didn't you buy a Gold Wing if you wanted those features? ...... :D
After buying the '14 Rushmore TG, I will never buy the first year model again - possibly not even the second or third year model. :AGGHH:

I love the vibes of my Harley, that's why I bought it (it keeps me awake on long rides). If I wanted a smooth, vibration free bike, I'd have kept my Yamaha. :D

Anyway, it does sound like a big improvement if that matters to people.

I traded my 16 Tri Glide after having it for less than 5 months on a 17 Tri Glide and so far I have had no issues,and really like the improvement in performance,heat managment and improved front suspension,not GW smooth but smoother than my 16 was,as far as the vibes keeping me awake,i started out owning Shovel heads back in the day and at this time in my life vibes are over rated at least for me.

I have had no issues with my 2014. I suspect there are thousand like me.
It has been smooth and powerful with my Stage I upgrades.
Dealers love to sell new bikes, and will pump up the '17's.
Not for me.

:Agree::Agree::Agree: My 2014 has 24+k miles and I have had a radiator fan go out and the parking brake pawl crack. Both fixed under warranty. Otherwise it runs great with my personal stage 1 mods.

I'm still hearing about oil problems from several owners of M8s.

I have had some motor issues (see other thread for rehash) but the trike itself rides much smoother due to the new front shocks. Power is good. The exhaust actually sounds good. Heat is down and the vibration is lessened. Plus it idles at 850 and sounds like a Harley should. No more first gear clunk ! Now to get that comfort lift installed and make the ride that much better. Only 400 miles on the trike so far.

Steve

I am also approaching 1000k and have had no issues.I am enjoying my Tri-Glide.

No problems

;)I have over 14,000 miles on my 2015 with no problems. Happy to be on 3 wheels, my riding buddies are on 2 wheels and I keep up with them on our trips across the country.

Soon they will be hard pressed to keep up with you in turns as you get better with the TriGlide!!! ThumbUp ride safely Fred

;)I have over 14,000 miles on my 2015 with no problems. Happy to be on 3 wheels, my riding buddies are on 2 wheels and I keep up with them on our trips across the country.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png