What gets your goat....

​Ya don't see this one so much any more with debit cards being so popular: But when standing in a check out line a person gets up to the cashier and finds out what their total is, and THEN starts writing out their check. Why in the heck didn't they fill in everything on their check except the amount while they were waiting on everybody else to get checked out? So far, God has made sure I was not the person right behind this clown.

PC

What's even worse are those that don't know the difference between there, their and they're. Now their even stupider.ThumbUp
Now that's funny.:laugh::clapping:

However, you can put me in that stupid boat with the effect of affect.

Those two get me all the time.

But hey, the English language just plain sucks. My English teacher was always on my case with spelling things the way they sound instead of the many strange things like ph that sounds like f.. Stupid stupid stupid. But I get it how these great spelling little kids ask for country of origin and stuff. But good grief it's weird.:AGGHH:

Every workday morning , the scanner talks about the accidents on the roads. What gets me , is that all the commuters don't want to go to work, but are in a hurry to get there . I guess between putting on eye makeup, phones, and reading newspapers, will sharpen there skills :AGGHH:

Insure, ensure, assure...

The first two words are used interchangeably in written text all the time but are mostly used improperly.

But just as times have changed and rules of the old English spelling and grammar have faded, society has accepted their inter use as perfectly fine.

"Insure" means to secure a value of something against its loss (usually financial) ...as to insure your possessions for a certain monetary value if loss is incurred.

"Ensure" implies a virtual guarantee.

"Assure" implies removal of all doubt or suspense, basically putting one's mind at ease. This word is not usually mixed up with the words above.

My English teacher mother would not let us use improper grammar..she would make us stop talking in mid-sentence, explain to us why we had spoken improperly, tell us what was proper, then make us say it again, the proper way. She would probably get after me for that previous sentence as being a run-on sentence, not to mention the .. included in it!

We children delighted in talking slang out of her earshot but her corrections have served us well through life.
Carla

what gets my goat........

When you come back to work after a small vacation and everything is screwed up.
It takes you days to get everything back in order

What's worsterest is not going on vacation because there was no one available to do your work while you were gone, it is piled high and the boss still wants his reports ASAP when you return.
Or, going on vacation, worrying about it piling up, cutting the vacation short, getting it all caught up (no overtime pay...salary), and the boss never knew - except that he was happy and ..."hope you enjoyed your time off".
I had 7 years of this because I was a conscientious, responsible employee who is now without a job, thank you very much, because the boss couldn't take the business climate any longer.
I found out that it's true...nice guys finish last.

What's worsterest is not going on vacation because there was no one available to do your work while you were gone, it is piled high and the boss still wants his reports ASAP when you return.
Or, going on vacation, worrying about it piling up, cutting the vacation short, getting it all caught up (no overtime pay...salary), and the boss never knew - except that he was happy and ..."hope you enjoyed your time off".
I had 7 years of this because I was a conscientious, responsible employee who is now without a job, thank you very much, because the boss couldn't take the business climate any longer.
I found out that it's true...nice guys finish last.
So true Carla, I've learned long ago that it's not worth it to kill yourself trying to get what you jeed done. I schedule my vacations and ultimately know that I will be a bit behind when getting back. Unlike your situation I have a great support system in place (now) but it wasn't that way before. No matter how hard I worked it just wasn't good enough, so hang in there... They'll get what's coming to them in the end :kpzxvq: karma has it's way.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way...how's Jim doing? Hopefully better :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balcy24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balcy24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png