Wrap

I think I settled on the colors. A high metallic medium blue with white pearl in the insert on the hood and in the accent that runs along the side. I like bright and this will do it. The blue has a protective layer over it which should help with the stone chips. Now I have to justify the cost. Rick

I think I settled on the colors. A high metallic medium blue with white pearl in the insert on the hood and in the accent that runs along the side. I like bright and this will do it. The blue has a protective layer over it which should help with the stone chips. Now I have to justify the cost. Rick

Sounds like a great color combination ThumbUp So...how much? :Shrug:

With them taking everything off it, lights, emblems, top, roll bar, luggage rack, etc., putting it back together, and using the more expensive two layer wrap, $1200.00. They want it for at least a week because they said they never did one and with the complex curves, there will probably be some waste because they want it perfect. The shop does high end cars like Range Rovers, Bentley's and Maserati's. I got prices way higher than this at several different shops. Rick

With them taking everything off it, lights, emblems, top, roll bar, luggage rack, etc., putting it back together, and using the more expensive two layer wrap, $1200.00. They want it for at least a week because they said they never did one and with the complex curves, there will probably be some waste because they want it perfect. The shop does high end cars like Range Rovers, Bentley's and Maserati's. I got prices way higher than this at several different shops. Rick

Well it definitely sounds like it would be in capable hands, the price was a little lower than I thought considering... Y'a have to approach it like buying your custom accessories for a Harley :laugh: it's going to cost a little more up front, but in the long run its worth it with that Wow factor! ThumbUp

Wrapped Trike

Has anyone had their Stallion wrapped? I have a bunch of chips on it now and I'm thinking of having it done. Has it worked out for you? Thx Rick

Rocket: I saw a wrapped trike at L&M Sales in Minnesota. It was a really nice job, but a terrible color choice. How do you think it will stay up in our Arizona heat?

They say the wrap needs to be removed at around 7 years to make sure it doesn't damage the paint. The manufacture says the wrap itself should be good for 10 to 12 years. I keep it in the garage when not riding it, so that will help. Rick

WRAP IT

They say the wrap needs to be removed at around 7 years to make sure it doesn't damage the paint. The manufacture says the wrap itself should be good for 10 to 12 years. I keep it in the garage when not riding it, so that will help. Rick

My wife was in the business for many year and they did many race cars , trailers and airplane tells and they all looked great. Its the only way to go because if you don't like it you can change it . or go back to what you had. Good luck with it. BIG DENNY :pepper::pepper::kpzxvq:

I dropped it off last Saturday. They said they will have it for a while as they are fitting it in and want to try different things with it for the seams not to show. I told them there wasn't any rush. I should get it back the Friday after Thanksgiving or the Saturday after that as I only have a ride at those times to get it. I'm looking forward to the metamorphosis. It has to come out looking better than all the little white specks all over the front end from the rocks. Rick

It's finally finished. Well, it was done last week, but it was cloudy and I couldn't get good pictures. Here is the metamorphosis. It is very high metallic, but it doesn't show up in the picture. Rick

PC100001.JPG

looks real nice. What is the life expectancy of the wrap?

They say to take it off in about 6-7 yeas to save the paint underneath, but the wrap is supposed to last about 12 years, if you take care of it. You can wax it with several different types of liquid wax, or spray wax as long as it doesn't have petroleum distillates in it. This product was made by Avery, but 3M makes a wrap also. I just went to the Avery website and checked how they want their product taken care of. Rick

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png