New seat - vinyl or velour?

Feb 18, 2008
Anderson, Missouri
Not sure if this belongs here in accessories or in the rear end/suspension/etc. catagory, but here goes:

We took a little ride on Sunday to the Arkansas State Goldwing Rally iin Harrison, Ar. to pick up some electronics at the Air Rider booth. While there, The Admiral was talking to the Diamond seat folks. She has been uncomfortable with the stock seat, and hated the Corbin that came with the trike when we got it. She sat on some, and they even let us take a 50 mile ride on thier trike to test one out. The upshot is I think we (she) decided to upgrade seats. The big question is the seat covering. Does anyone have an opinion on whether to get the velour or the vinyl? Seems both of them are not water proof due to the stiching, so a cover will be needed in any case.

My opinion - vinyl. You can always put a treatment on the vinyl to make it waterproof in the stitching area.

From my experience the vinyl stays looking better longer.

I also agree to go with the vinyl. Maintenance will be much easier.

I have to agree regarding the Corbin seats. I just bought my 97 Valkyrie Trike and the corbin seats that came with her are too low and hard. I just ordered a complete set from Ultimate Seats. They also are not completely water proof due to the stitching but the company does offer water proof covers for both seats and their associated back rests. Here's the link to their site if you're interested;

http://www.ultimateseats.ca/

I'll post again when the arrive.

Last edited:
For an update-

Wanted to go with the vinyl. As I am the Captian of this vessel, the Admiral, whose orders must be obeyed, decided on a black material with purplish and teal accents. Looks very good on Her Purpleness. It's not velour, and seems pretty tough, like an industrial couch material. Diamond does the schochguard thing, and provides a raincover. Rode more than 6 hours in the rain last Sept. coming back from Minnesota with no ill effects. The thing is very comfy - reduced the need to squirm to relieve sore spots about 80% over the stock seat, and it wasn't broken in yet. It's even better with about 4,000 miles on it.

Anyone need a gray Corbin Masters seat cheap?

Last edited:
Not sure if this belongs here in accessories or in the rear end/suspension/etc. catagory, but here goes:

We took a little ride on Sunday to the Arkansas State Goldwing Rally iin Harrison, Ar. to pick up some electronics at the Air Rider booth. While there, The Admiral was talking to the Diamond seat folks. She has been uncomfortable with the stock seat, and hated the Corbin that came with the trike when we got it. She sat on some, and they even let us take a 50 mile ride on thier trike to test one out. The upshot is I think we (she) decided to upgrade seats. The big question is the seat covering. Does anyone have an opinion on whether to get the velour or the vinyl? Seems both of them are not water proof due to the stiching, so a cover will be needed in any case.

If you are only considering vinyl and velour, I would definitely go with vinyl for reasons stated above. However, based on my experience, leather is worth the difference in price for comfort's sake.

I would have preferred leather, or even vinyl, but as the post above the one from ben721364 states, even the captain must bow to the wishes of the Admiral.;) Very pleased with the seat, though. Would do it again in a second.

Can we see the seat on the bike Ozarkryder BTW I had a Velour on my 1980 and it was worn Thu to the material . The bike only had 44,000 on it. I had it redone in brown vinyl for $200

Last edited:
The seat material isn't really velour, it seems to be some kind of industrial couch/seat cover fabric. Sort of like the stuff on the lobby furnature at mid-level hotels. Feels tougher than the velour. Pictures don't really show the ture colors, it is almsot black with the little colored threads in what my wife says are teal and light purple.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png