Brake Pads Revisited -'13 TG

prariepilot

150+ Posts
Reaction score
I've looked high and low for Lyndall pads for front and rear for the '13 TG. Found the numbers, but can only find the front pads on the web. Seems like the rears are discontinued? So....

.... I've done price comparisons on EBC pads on numerous sites. One site says the EBC FA409HH fits front and rear; another site says "front only". One says will fit front only on '09-'12 TGs.

Does anyone know where to buy Lyndall for front AND rear, or put the EBC FA409HH on the front and rear, of their '13 TG?

Thanks!
I

I use the EBC's front and rear on my 2011 T/G. With out any problems'.
But i don't know about the 13T/G.:Shrug:

Try ..revzilla.com....

If Revzilla doesn't pan out, give Dennis Kirk a call, ask for their Technical Support Department, they are pretty good at tracking down what fits.

Kevin

I use the EBC's front and rear on my 2011 T/G. With out any problems'.
But i don't know about the 13T/G.:Shrug:

Try ..revzilla.com....

If Revzilla doesn't pan out, give Dennis Kirk a call, ask for their Technical Support Department, they are pretty good at tracking down what fits.

Kevin

Tried both. I'll call them in the morning and see what they come up with.

Thanks, Rhino.
Thanks, Kevin.

I tried a set of Lindall's on my Road King and wasn't impressed. I think they are over priced. The EBC HH pads are the ones I use.

EBC FA409V FA409VLD FA409HH for the front 2009-2013 Triglide
The VLD are just over priced as well.

Since the introduction of the Triglide, the rear brake pads have gone through an evolution of sorts. They changed the pad area so the later model pad doesn't resemble the earlier model. see examples below

Lyndall 7255 for the rear 2009-2013 Triglide with Hayes Calipers
EBC FA605/4V FA605/4HH

Lindall early replacement for the rear of 2009-2013 Triglide.......

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/i...56877-3365513?ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive

EBC later replacement for the rear of 2009-2013 Triglide.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EBC-Brakes-...ash=item1eb2e3a440:g:Vo8AAOSwc1FXYxVf&vxp=mtr

Ok, I am new to the trike thing, I know brake dust is a problem with triglide's. Is it because of the factory brake pads or just all brake pads in general. I went to harley davidson online and looked for my brake pads for a 2016, wow, what a price they are asking, also looked online and found the EBC pads for about half the price.

Are there brake pads to help prevent brake dust?? Or am I just wishful thinking, not sure why everyone is going to EBC or Lindall brake pads, maybe somebody can explain to a newbie to trikes.

All for now Trampas

P.S. If they do have a brake pad that doesn't have brake dust, then I am all in for that, even if it a 2016 I would still change them out to prevent the brake dust.

Ok, I am new to the trike thing, I know brake dust is a problem with triglide's. Is it because of the factory brake pads or just all brake pads in general. I went to harley davidson online and looked for my brake pads for a 2016, wow, what a price they are asking, also looked online and found the EBC pads for about half the price.

Are there brake pads to help prevent brake dust?? Or am I just wishful thinking, not sure why everyone is going to EBC or Lindall brake pads, maybe somebody can explain to a newbie to trikes.

All for now Trampas

P.S. If they do have a brake pad that doesn't have brake dust, then I am all in for that, even if it a 2016 I would still change them out to prevent the brake dust[

All brake pad leave dust.. If they didn't they wouldn't be working.. Next time your stopped at a light look at the wheels on the car next to you' Unless they just came back from a car wash you'll see dust...I Use the EBC's because last longer and stop the Trike faster.

The EBC site says FA638, FA638V and FA638HH for the front.
For the rear, FA641/4, FA641/4V and FA641/4HH.
Did not read enough to know what the differences are.

brake dust

All for now Trampas

P.S. If they do have a brake pad that doesn't have brake dust, then I am all in for that, even if it a 2016 I would still change them out to prevent the brake dust.

Brake pads come in many different compounds and materials for many different applications. EBC, for example, has pads that are metallic, copper-based; carbon fiber; and a few more different materials and hardnesses. Some wear fast; others wear slowly. Some will have stopping power that will toss you over the fairing; others seem like they won't stop you in time.

Harley-Davidson uses a softer material that wears more quickly, thus generating more brake dust. You can get EBCs that will do the same thing. I'm having trouble finding Lyndall pads for the rear of the '13 TG, so I'll be going with the EBC Semi-Sintered HH pads all around on my TG. The pads are copper based and EBC claims "

• The perfect pad for performance street riding
  • Long-lasting double-H brake compound gets you stopped quickly and efficiently
  • HH rated SB101C friction compound
  • Suitable for use in any season on wet or dry roads
  • Made in the USA

Sintering is the fusing of metallic particles under heat and pressure to create a compound that is very resistant to friction.

Some brands like EBC Brakes use copper in their blend to achieve the best results.

The race track is where sintered motorcycle brakes shine above all other types.

I went with the HH (full sintered) . Have them ready to install when the stock brakes give up.

Rhino 2, I know all brake pads leave dust, I guess I should have said it different, just curious if the EBC, the good ones, leave less dust than the factory ones, guess I will find out someday when I need brakes.

All for now Trampas

P.S. I wash my truck 2 times a week, and all my bikes I keep really clean also, I'm anal about it, learned it from my Dad.

EBC are OK, Me thinks Lyndall is the way to go
I taught brake class for 30 years, I never go cheap or OEM JMO

EBC are OK, Me thinks Lyndall is the way to go
I taught brake class for 30 years, I never go cheap or OEM JMO

I agree with Lyndall. Used them for years, but when I tried to find ,they have no listing for the newer Trikes. I also emailed them months ago & not even the courtesy of a reply. When I emailed EBC, had a reply the next day. So that is what I bought.

I agree with Lyndall. Used them for years, but when I tried to find ,they have no listing for the newer Trikes. I also emailed them months ago & not even the courtesy of a reply. When I emailed EBC, had a reply the next day. So that is what I bought.

I too like the Lyndall brake pads and have some in my garage (stored in cabinet for future), however, several month's ago (cannot remember when) I called Lyndall regarding pads for my Trike and they stated that they were not making them any longer due to the general lack of business regarding the Trike Pads. Given this information, I started calling around and found a set on the shelf of some dealer (don't even recall which/where I purchased) and immediately purchased even tho I was not in immediate need to replace my pads.

So, PosseRider, I would strongly suggest you take a look at the EBC pads, as I have heard only good reviews of their products.

Roger

I too like the Lyndall brake pads and have some in my garage (stored in cabinet for future), however, several month's ago (cannot remember when) I called Lyndall regarding pads for my Trike and they stated that they were not making them any longer due to the general lack of business regarding the Trike Pads. Given this information, I started calling around and found a set on the shelf of some dealer (don't even recall which/where I purchased) and immediately purchased even tho I was not in immediate need to replace my pads.

So, PosseRider, I would strongly suggest you take a look at the EBC pads, as I have heard only good reviews of their products.

Roger
That, is exactly what I did.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png