Rear Fender & Box Removal

rhino65

250+ Posts
Aug 14, 2016
Atwood, Illinois United States
Did a search for this and found post for HD TG. I assume it would be pretty much same for GW trikes. 4-6 bolts, unplug wiring harness and lift off fender and box. Any suggestions?

Reason for wanting to do this is I will be buying 1 st trike in next month and have a garage to keep it in but my shop part of garage (where I tinker all winter on my toys) is sepetated by wall with only a 59" opening max to bring anything in. Figure by removing fenders in garage it will then fit into shop part.

what kind of trike kit are you getting? I have a HTS1800 roadsmith kit and I don't think I would want to try and take fenders off. From the looks of how it is assembled you would have to take oe trunk and then figure out how to get the fenders off. Seems like more trouble than it would be worth. Could you make you opening wider to accommodate the fenders?

I will be getting a RS or CSC conversion trike. Seen a post about removal of entire rear body on a HD Tri Glide. Sounded pretty easy. 6 bolts and 2 people to lift off rear section. Just wanting to know if the Gold Wing conversions is similar

I will be getting a RS or CSC conversion trike. Seen a post about removal of entire rear body on a HD Tri Glide. Sounded pretty easy. 6 bolts and 2 people to lift off rear section. Just wanting to know if the Gold Wing conversions is similar
Yes, very similar, however the tour box is a separate item and must be removed prior to removing the body. Don't forget to unplug the wiring!!!
Disclaimer, While I've never felt the need to remove my box or body, I have plenty of pics when the conversion was installed(Hannigan). Some show the tour box removed and inverted laying on the seat while the body was installed.
Re you getting RS or CSC, have you looked at or tested a Hannigan??? One thing convinced me a Hannigan was my best choice.
That being the off set rear end so the drive shaft was straight and not running at a severe angle as on conversions w/a centered rear end. I have never heard of a Hannigan having any drive shaft/Ujoint failures as with other conversions.

Triglide fenders may come off, but when I had my 04 Triked with a CSC kit the body was all one unit. Fenders could not be removed. And the conversion was done in 2012

I don't know what you are looking at, exactly, but if this limitation is set in stone as it sounds like it is you might consider a Tilting Motorworks reverse trike conversion www.tiltingmotorworks.com/ It only 43" wide so you would never have to remove the fenders to get it into your garage.

Instead of keeping it in back part of my garage or the shop It does fit along side of garage with about 1 ft. of clearance to still get my truck in. Just my shop which is separated by a wall is heated & A/C. Garage part is not

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiscopicker

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiscopicker
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png