shield behind passenger seat

My wife still complains about the excess wind in the passenger seat. I have recently seen a couple of trikes where there was sheild that was behind the passenger seat. Does anyone have any experience with these and do they help with the wind, and where would you buy one? Thanks for any info...

My wife still complains about the excess wind in the passenger seat. I have recently seen a couple of trikes where there was sheild that was behind the passenger seat. Does anyone have any experience with these and do they help with the wind, and where would you buy one? Thanks for any info...

They work very well for the passenger. And you can tell everyone you are just her chauffeur.:pepper::pepper:

Two friends purchased the shield and took them off within a month.

Do you have running boards?

Do you have the lower trike wings?

both of those dramatically reduced the buffeting my wife was getting. Those big rear fenders push a lot of air up into passenger.

Also, depending on which windshield you have and its setting, the air can be collapsing just behind you and nailing her. That rear shield is not where the air is coming from.

These are no longer avail, as far as I know
$120 for a piece of plastic and 2 moly bolts.
If you passenger is short there is a little benefit.
My wife @ 5'8" felt no benefit at all.
1/2 cover no longer fit!
Took it off.
A lot of the wind comes off the fenders hanging out. Trike Wings helps a lot at speed.

Wind Wings also makes a shield that mounts behind the passenger.
My wife gets so much air back there it blows her mic out of position thus it sounds like a tornado in my ears.

I think that shield just helps with air / rain up on the passenger's neck back side. You see them in some convertibles as well. Doubt it'd do much for what pours up off those fenders.

Have you ever tried one of these rear deflectors?

You are correct, in that, it does absolutely nothing to block the air off the fenders!

As I stated, it did nothing to help my wife at all. A total waste of time/money. Mine went in the trash!

Would really like to see a wind tunnel test of the air flow on a trike:clapping:

Have you ever tried one of these rear deflectors?

Nope ..... have seen fellow chapter members try them. Only one that I know remained in use was in a Miata (sports car). Rest of them seem to "disappeared" in time.

I never tried one because they looked like they'd be a pain at times getting on / off & detailing. Just didn't appeal to me and "Wife Unit" wears a helmet liner with a tail that tucks into her collar to block that bothersome air flow on the back of her neck.

I expect there's a lot of really dirty airflow around a trike at speed ....

.... 'cause they sure like the gas.

The Kury passenger air foil was on my trike when I purchased. Took it off as it didn't fit like it should because of the rack that is on the trunk. It was pushed forward about 3/4 of an inch.

Anyway it could be your for $50 shipped to your door and you can try it. Your s/o might find it helps or not....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png