MotorTrike Razor shocks

Mar 13, 2012
Cypress, TX
Was coming home from a trip and had an issue with the shocks on my 2014 MotorTrike Razor. Bottom bushing on left side wore out and shock came loose. MotorTrike stepped up and sent me two new shocks. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or was mine just a fluke. Trike is two years old and has about 19000 miles.

I haven't had that problem, that I know... but will sure check. I have just about as many miles on mine.

Thanks for the heads up.

It's not a shock issue as much as it is a worn out mount bushing issue. I don't know why they ware so quickly but I replaced the ones in my 2010 Adventure (same chassis as Razor) twice. MT sent me replacements at no cost both times. I had hoped they would have cured that issue by now. If you have these kits and hear a rattle when going over bumps, time to investigate and replace the bushings before the shock is destroyed. :xszpv: :xszpv:

It's not a shock issue as much as it is a worn out mount bushing issue. I don't know why they ware so quickly but I replaced the ones in my 2010 Adventure (same chassis as Razor) twice. MT sent me replacements at no cost both times. I had hoped they would have cured that issue by now. If you have these kits and hear a rattle when going over bumps, time to investigate and replace the bushings before the shock is destroyed. :xszpv: :xszpv:

Thanks, I think I will give mine an inspection next time I have it up on the ramps.

Same Here

I have a 2012 GL1800 that was MTed in 2014. Around August of this year when I was in for boot replacements the tech noticed the rear shock bushings were wearing out. He showed them to me and I agreed to have the tops and bottom bushings replaced. It seems that MT uses a softer rubber bushing than the service manager deems should be used. I had around 25k miles.

I have a 2012 GL1800 that was MTed in 2014. Around August of this year when I was in for boot replacements the tech noticed the rear shock bushings were wearing out. He showed them to me and I agreed to have the tops and bottom bushings replaced. It seems that MT uses a softer rubber bushing than the service manager deems should be used. I had around 25k miles.

I may be wrong about this, but they advertise that they use Progressive suspension shocks. I doubt that MT specifies the type of bushing & they're probably a standard bushing that Progressive puts in them. May be a rubber issue too, I doubt Progressive actually makes their own bushings (probably a vendor that supplies them). That would explain why it comes up now and then also if it's a random issue with the rubber during manufacturing of the bushings? :Shrug:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png