2017 Baffle punched

Thank You

Thanks for all the input, it has made me reconsider and I have decided to look into DNA Megaphone Slip-ons. I understand that the Inner Diameter on the bike is 1 3/4"? DNA website only offers an ID of 1 1/2".

Thanks for all the input, it has made me reconsider and I have decided to look into DNA Megaphone Slip-ons. I understand that the Inner Diameter on the bike is 1 3/4"? DNA website only offers an ID of 1 1/2".

If your talking about the muffler baffle diameter - 1 1/2" is just fine. You will maintain your low and mid torque :pepper:. Also they will produce a nice mellow tone ThumbUp

Ride Safe, :)
Bill G

Thanks!

At the time, it just seemed to be the best course of action; given the very slow aftermarket support of the FLRT at the time. I did not want a stock-type touring muffler sticking 6 or more inches out the back and looking goofy (IMHO) and nobody had FLRT-specific mufflers available. I

have to say it has been one of no regret. The whole experience has made me rethink my beliefs on slip-on mufflers. I have always been a V&H man....

But, when I think back to all the money I spent over the years for a whole slip-on muffler, when I could have just bought the baffles and re-cored the stock mufflers.........:AGGHH::AGGHH::AGGHH:

Well, I guess its a lesson learned.

Springman

Springman,

Can you tell us exactly which V&H baffles you used? I have a 2017 Free and would also be open to any suggestions regarding which V&H baffles would get me a little more of the Harley noise and fit into my existing cans.

Thanks

Rick

Springman,

You mentioned replacing your stock baffles with V&H baffles. Could you tell us what the V&H part numbers are you used? I am looking for a little more noise for my FW and am wanting to do it myself.

Thanks

Rick

Can we revisit this now a couple years later?

So I have a 2017 and I"d like to try the same thing. Does V&H offer their baffles for model specific, or are they just based on size? Sorry, never tried anything like that.

Fullsac Performance also has baffles for stock recores. I believe they also have a service where you ship them the muffs, and they install them welded in.

Ahhh..memories.As a 16 year old hoodlum drilling/knocking out the stock baffles on my Sportster to make it louder. Riding by the HS chicks noticed. Cops noticed more. Impound Sportster. Sad. Dad pissed. Got bike out of jail and new mufflers. 54 years later and I still dont learn.

Would the thunder torques work on Vance & Hines short shots with the quiet baffles. I want less noise but still want all the torque I can have

Yes, you can use the 118's with the short shots and the quiet baffles. They will give a boost in low and mid range power...not as much as no baffles, but still an improvement, and much quieter.

This video shows some of the testing we've done.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png