Dyno Tune

Casper

400+ Posts
Feb 12, 2008
RADCLIFF, KY
Dropped of my TG at Shaffer Performance in Evansville IN for a tune.
He installed my FullSac DX header pipe, Arlen Ness Big Sucker breather, V&H monster rounds, Power Vision tuner and performed the Dyno tunning.
He came highly recommended and everyone I have spoke with likes his work. After meeting him and talking I was impressed with his attention to detail and commitment to custome satisfaction....it should be ready tomorrow and I'm anxious to take it for a ride.....
Attached are the dyno sheets....liking what I'm seeing....

Sorry about the sheets being small.
Went from 65.41 HP to 81.96
And 88.06 torque to 100.17
Also replaced the clutch springs to handle the increase
Think I'm gonna like it
smile.gif

That is a nice flat curve, and I'm sure you're going to enjoy the improvement.

Sheffer does great work, is he going to do some more with it?

Kevin

right now I'll stay with the stage one, warranty and all.

if I want more, he'll do cams and such....all I hear is good things about him...

he also replaced the clutch springs to handle more umph!

I'm glad you posted the results, kind of hard to read, looks like very good results. For what you had done getting rid of the cat and a few other things you had done, you must have a good dealer to deal with for warranty, most of it would void the warranty since harley doesn't recognize getting rid of the cat and the tuner is not a harley one.

How far away is this place you took it to since looks to be a different state???

All for now Trampas

I'm glad you posted the results, kind of hard to read, looks like very good results. For what you had done getting rid of the cat and a few other things you had done, you must have a good dealer to deal with for warranty, most of it would void the warranty since harley doesn't recognize getting rid of the cat and the tuner is not a harley one.

How far away is this place you took it to since looks to be a different state???

All for now Trampas

a little over 2 hours...not bad. And as far as warranty I don't think my dealer would void it...

- - - Updated - - -

Pick up the TG today, in a word...WOW! It really woke this puppy up. Lots more get up and go off the line, and on the way home through Indiana on I-64 I set the cruise at 75 and never had the touch the throttle. Up several long hills without a hesitation. Very happy!

If anyone wants the address or phone number of Sheffer performance shoot me a PM. I'm very impressed with his work! And a very nice gentleman

2 hours away is not bad, it would be 8 1/2 for me from what I can see anyway, we have a few here in Iowa that has trike dyno's, not sure how good they are.

Glad to hear how happy you are with this, I know this had to be a little expensive but looks like it was worth it, I'm sure you was all smiles on the way home.

All for now Trampas

We have quite a few Customers that have used them with really good results.

I'm wondering what he can do with my 2014 Tri-Glide.

All I have on it is a Performance Plus Stage I, that has been tuned with the basic Auto-Tune of the Power Vision. It is putting out 105.75 ft lbs of torque and 84.21 HP.

While this is more than you got out of your tune, I believe it is because of the true Stage I air cleaner, the TTI's in the exhaust, and the Performance oil filter I am running...not because my tune is better.

I'm thinking about trying the Target Tune on mine, see how much that bumps it, then see what Sheffer can do on top of that.

Kevin

We have quite a few Customers that have used them with really good results.

I'm wondering what he can do with my 2014 Tri-Glide.

All I have on it is a Performance Plus Stage I, that has been tuned with the basic Auto-Tune of the Power Vision. It is putting out 105.75 ft lbs of torque and 84.21 HP.

While this is more than you got out of your tune, I believe it is because of the true Stage I air cleaner, the TTI's in the exhaust, and the Performance oil filter I am running...not because my tune is better.

I'm thinking about trying the Target Tune on mine, see how much that bumps it, then see what Sheffer can do on top of that.

Kevin

Kevin, you will never regret going to the Target Tune module. Running the wide band sensors full time is really awesome, and the process follows the AfR chart/map/table that you set. I went the LONG ROUTE to the TT - i.e. original purchase was with the Auto Tune Module (that currently resides in the cabinet in the garage) and then to the TT module. This route is/was the most expensive way to the TT system but I would do it again in a hart beat!!

Good luck and ride safe;

Roger

Kevin, you will never regret going to the Target Tune module. Running the wide band sensors full time is really awesome, and the process follows the AfR chart/map/table that you set. I went the LONG ROUTE to the TT - i.e. original purchase was with the Auto Tune Module (that currently resides in the cabinet in the garage) and then to the TT module. This route is/was the most expensive way to the TT system but I would do it again in a hart beat!!

Good luck and ride safe;

Roger

Hi Roger,

Yes, the Target Tune is the bomb. We are running it on the DK Sporty and the Street Glide.

The improvement is quite amazing...not just in power increase, but also in an increase in MPG.

I would have already put it on my Tri-Glide, but the headers I'm running do not have the wideband sensor bungs.

So, it is time & money to get that done.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamblin9511

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamblin9511
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png