The B.E.A.R.D. Room

Day three using Natural Man...

Wife's still bitchin' but I ain't itchin'.

May have to try some of Terry's soap stuff...

That's a nice crop you got going Allen �� All ya got to do is juice it to get rid of that drift :clapping:

I've read it several times and can't figure out exactly what it is you are saying here.

Also someone else mentioned using cider vinegar as a rinse.....I would think that would make the beard feel coarse and stiff?

I too have the problem of the beard flying all around while riding and getting in bad shape with the tangles. I 've even considered using a ponytail holder like the gals do while riding but haven't found any in the Harley shops that would work well as my beard is just not long enough to hold it in place....and my wife's scrunchies left visible "creases and dents" in my beard that didn't go away until the next time I shampooed the beard. Has anybody found a solution to this other than letting it whip around in the breeze which stings like heck on the face. I see Kevin uses scrunchies and tucks his into his jacket or shirt, but mine is not that long yet. Any leads appreciated and I have checked Amazon several times to no avail. I actually can't wait and hope it eventually will get long enough to part in the middle and fly up over each shoulder as I ride.

Allen

I had never used anything prior this thread and now I find beard oil is not enough to tame the mane. I'm going to go an extra step and get an all organic leave in balm conditioner. Anyone use an all organic balm conditioner to lock in beard oil?

I've read it several times and can't figure out exactly what it is you are saying here.

Also someone else mentioned using cider vinegar as a rinse.....I would think that would make the beard feel coarse and stiff?

I too have the problem of the beard flying all around while riding and getting in bad shape with the tangles. I 've even considered using a ponytail holder like the gals do while riding but haven't found any in the Harley shops that would work well as my beard is just not long enough to hold it in place....and my wife's scrunchies left visible "creases and dents" in my beard that didn't go away until the next time I shampooed the beard. Has anybody found a solution to this other than letting it whip around in the breeze which stings like heck on the face. I see Kevin uses scrunchies and tucks his into his jacket or shirt, but mine is not that long yet. Any leads appreciated and I have checked Amazon several times to no avail. I actually can't wait and hope it eventually will get long enough to part in the middle and fly up over each shoulder as I ride.

Allen

Allen-Allen- juice that crop with some good beard oil . And get it on your skin. Gota keep it good and greasy. All that flakey stuff is dry skin under that thing. Vinegar? Add some olive oil, to complete the salad.:LooksGreat:

I had never used anything prior this thread and now I find beard oil is not enough to tame the mane. I'm going to go an extra step and get an all organic leave in balm conditioner. Anyone use an all organic balm conditioner to lock in beard oil?

Terry, I decided that I'm going to try the balm too. The oil helps but I think for some, the balm might be the better way to go. Let us know what you try and how it works.

I ordered from this site. They claim their products do not yellow white, silver, or gray beards. Guess I'll test that claim...
http://www.bodaciousbeards.com/

Hold cursor over shop and click on the second choice from the drop down menu. I ordered the Non Sense, which has no added scent other than the natural oils and waxes. I didn't want any additives in the product that were unnecessary such as petroleum's or alcohol products. When I receive and have a week or so to test I'll let you know. While I was at it I ordered the no scent beard oil too. It'll be a process for me until I find one I really like. If I find they don't meet my needs I have plenty of brother-in-laws with beards who wouldn't mind taking them off my hands at no cost to them. :D

I ordered from this site. They claim their products do not yellow white, silver, or gray beards. Guess I'll test that claim...
http://www.bodaciousbeards.com/
Hold cursor over shop and click on the second choice from the drop down menu. I ordered the Non Sense, which has no added scent other than the natural oils and waxes. I didn't want any additives in the product that were unnecessary such as petroleum's or alcohol products. When I receive and have a week or so to test I'll let you know. While I was at it I ordered the no scent beard oil too. It'll be a process for me until I find one I really like. If I find they don't meet my needs I have plenty of brother-in-laws with beards who wouldn't mind taking them off my hands at no cost to them. :D

I gotta say this; when I go to stay at my daughters house in Florida for awhile, my beard which is a course beard goes completely smooth and soft. Solution!? they have well water with a softener hook up.. could this be the fountain of youth for us old gray haired bikers??????:confused::confused:

I don't think so, for me anyway. I had a well for 25 years with a softener and it remained course as ever. :Shrug:

Even the Floridian humidity was no help.

Got the Rogue fragrance free beard oil in today. Wife was very happy with the non smell. It uses a dropper to dispense and instructions say to use 3-5 drops. It seems to be alright so far. Beard doesn't feel nearly as wiry as it does without.

When I had a full bush, it's thick wiry pube hair. Looked like a face afro. Woke up every morning with it facing east. It was a bear to straighten out, so gave it the go-tee effect. Keep it short in summer so the Trike wind doesn't blow it up my nose :Dorag:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png