Big Bike Parts LED Front Fender Trim

Has anyone installed the LED front fender trim on their Goldwing. I purchased the product, I understand the install just not sure on where to tie in the wiring for the LED lights. Any thoughts?

Has anyone installed the LED front fender trim on their Goldwing. I purchased the product, I understand the install just not sure on where to tie in the wiring for the LED lights. Any thoughts?

Per step 9 of install you should connect to running lights or a switch. By running lights on the GL1800 they must mean the low beam head lights since that is all that is active all the time. The 12 volt accessory power plug used to connect a power outlet in the left pocket is another good source. You'll have to remove the left pocket to access that and , depending on whether or not that connector is already being used, you may have to get creative on how to connect it. Honda is pretty stingy with the wire length so be prepared to work in tight places. :)

LEDs draw very low current so the available 5 amps accessory fuse is plenty. I had 684 LEDs on my '01 and drew around 5.5 amps (not connected to accessory power) .... Don't know why you would want to run on a switch but the same two sources could well be run through a switch.. :xszpv: :xszpv:

Hope that helps a little..

Well the install is on hold for now. After opening up the package and trying to dry fit them on the fender things just didn't seem right. After a closer look it seems I received the set that was package late Friday afternoon by someone that wanted to get to the bar, inside the set included two left hand sides or two rights if you are looking at the fender from the front. Bummer, sent an email to wingstuff and will wait to hear from them next week.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png