88 blazer trike

I think with the right linkage setup I can make a 3 inch pedal travel longer than 3 inches if needed

It may make for a touchy brake pedal though

generally the ratio of the pedal movement to the mc movement is around 7or8 to 1 if i remember correctly that said i think u need longer than a 3 in pedal

generally the ratio of the pedal movement to the mc movement is around 7or8 to 1 if i remember correctly that said i think u need longer than a 3 in pedal

I don't know much about break design. I have worked on them, bled them and so on.

I would think the rod travel into the booster would only be a couple inches. I never measured it though.

I cant find a lot on it online but I did find 1 place that said 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches for the 7" brake booster/master cylinder setup they were selling.

I will be doing more research

here is the info I was talking about

Still researching though

my exhaust design and the Brake pedal will have to be designed to work together

https://www.onallcylinders.com/2014...figure-pedal-ratio-master-cylinder-bore-size/

if your car needs some help in the stopping power department, or if there’s a need to reduce the pedal effort, you have a few options: A) decrease the master cylinder bore size; B) increase the pedal ratio; or C) increase the wheel cylinder bore size. If the pedal ratio is increased, there will be more travel at the master cylinder piston. If the master cylinder bore size is decreased, the piston has to travel further to move the same amount of fluid. Typically, a master cylinder has approximately 1-1/2-inch to 1-3/4-inch of stroke (travel). What you have to do is coordinate the pedal ratio with the bore size to arrive at approximately half of the stroke (roughly 1-inch) in order to make the brakes feel comfortable and stop the car safely.

I just measured the brake pedal travel on 3 vehicles

Jeep

with booster

running

3 inch travel

HHR

with booster

Not running

2 inch travel

VW trike

No brake booster

2 inch travel

On the Jeep and HHR there would be linkage that may be changing the ratio

The VW trike just has a straight rod from the pedal

Bob, one consideration is, a small remote mounted booster that is activated by a manual master cylinder. lots of them on e-bay they only have the capacity for small cars and I would think a trike.

Bob, one consideration is, a small remote mounted booster that is activated by a manual master cylinder. lots of them on e-bay they only have the capacity for small cars and I would think a trike.

Yep that is what I was thinking about

I don't know much about break design. I have worked on them, bled them and so on.

I would think the rod travel into the booster would only be a couple inches. I never measured it though.

I cant find a lot on it online but I did find 1 place that said 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches for the 7" brake booster/master cylinder setup they were selling.

I will be doing more research

because the mc and wheel cylinder bore vary its tough to get it right w/o some trial and error.. if possible leave room to move the pivot pint

I was doing some more measurements

I don't think I will be able to get anymore than 3 inch travel at the pedal.

I should be able to get more travel if needed via linkage

So I have to move on.

I have 1 exhaust pipe tacked together.

I am going to take more pictures of it and pull it apart for I can get exact measurements and angles

Then will start on the other pipes.

I have a friend whos son can tig real well so once I have them all tacked together I will give them to him to weld

I would love to have a tig welder but I don't

I have never TIG welded before but I was thinking of buying a CHEAP TIG welder and giving it a try.

I know cheap is not the way to go but I don't want to buy something expensive and not be able to do it.

Of course I would practice on other things before I tackled the headers.

I see some cheap TIG welders for around $200, then I would need a bottle and a cart

So what do you think will one of the cheap $200 units do the job.

Here is one just as an example

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Wel...t=&hvlocphy=9008889&hvtargid=pla-873470992941

I really do not know what to look for in a TIG welder.

I will have to research it more

am a beginning tig welder also.....lots of stick experience...accetelyne welding yrs ago... so tig is somewhat similar to accetelene welding. had to buy my first auto darkening helmet big help... lo amp tig used grinding shade, more amps, more shade. the unit pictured is not for aluminum which is fine...hence lower cost. should have a foot pedal or variable torch control....need to have small arc to find location and get filler wire into position then add power to get puddle , then back off power at end of weld.

learning to weld header flanges to thin tubes will be a challenge, but is done all the time. I think machine quality is going to be (luck of the draw) I have the ahp alpha tig, which the arc start quit after 1 month. they seemed to have on the ball techs, that helped find the bad board...sent me a replacement board and all well now.

If nothing else tig welding will keep you humble. I have made a few welds that were impressive and a lot that were not...but above all it is fun to do....got sick and tired of cleaning up weld spatter so....good luck which ever way you go!!

my friends son can TIG but he only has a TIG at work.

SO if I can get one cheap enough maybe he can give me some pointers.

He would do it for me if I wanted but I would kind of like to do it myself.

The Ol'Lady said I can get one for Christmas but it will be a cheap one.

When my friend and his son come over this weekend for Beer and Boxing I will get his opinion on a cheap welder.

I would guess if a cheap welder would work good he would have one himself though

we will see

So the Ol'Lady says I can get one if I want.

I am thinking about this one.

https://www.amazon.com/YESWELDER-We...rds=yeswelder+tig-205ds&qid=1634319292&sr=8-5

I will also need to get an Argon bottle, Tungsten and filler rods and a cart

She is OK with me getting it all (she must want something herself)

I watched a couple videos of people using this welder and they did seem to do well.

Some people have reported they received the wrong parts but the manufacture corrected that

I have read that you cant teach yourself how to TIG weld but I am going to try

will research it some more before I decide

yes.JPG

worked on my square exhaust this last weekend.

they are still going to work but I had to rethink and redesign how I make room for the bolt heads.

I have made 2 different mock ups the 2nd is better than the first. Will make another change and try it again

once I have it the way I want I will modify the actual exhaust pipes I have made already

the change is only 1/16 of an inch on both sides so it gives me 1/8 inch clearance for the bolt heads. I think that will be good.

The exhaust ports on the head are 1 1/4 inch. I still have 1/4 inch (1/8 on each side) clearance

Sorry no pictures this time. My phone is dead. Waiting for a new one to arrive. The company I work for gives me a free phone.

I have bought the 80 cu,ft. bottle the gas suppliers for some reason call this a "Q" bottle. came filled with 100 percent argon from weld fabulous on ebay but I have to exchange it with Praxair around here in ND this is the largest bottle I can buy....otherwize you have to lease from the gas company ....hopefully you are close to a gas supplier and will have more choices. when your welding a lot, what ever size bottle you have will seem to small LOL

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png