88 blazer trike

with all due respect i would go with the poly if not the original rubber

unless you are in fact building a race "car"

as mentioned the poly will hardly move at all

i wouldnt hesitate to use the rubber

they wont settle much because of the angle they are on

i once replaced the rubbers in my suspension links with heim joints horrible difference... granted the suspension and motor / trans is not exactly the same ... you get the idea...

to each his own

These are Poly.

I did not want to go back to rubber because I have seen so many nasty worn out rubber bushings. The rubber ones I pulled of (although they are very old) were misshaped and degrading

I am glad they will not settle or compress much. That makes my mounting brackets easier to figure out

These are Poly.

I did not want to go back to rubber because I have seen so many nasty worn out rubber bushings. The rubber ones I pulled of (although they are very old) were misshaped and degrading

I am glad they will not settle or compress much. That makes my mounting brackets easier to figure out

unless they are subject to oil factory seem to last pretty well

have a couple elcaminos an 85 an 86 ive had about 15 yrs no idea if they were changed previous but i havent changed em..

but i know oil will kill em

each his own... :)

Worked on my mounts this weekend

I spent all Saturday morning trying to get it straight.

I would move the front and the back would go out of aliment. I went through this for a while

Finally I figured it out

I got it as close as I could then lined up the Trany output shaft and braced in place with rebar

Then I lined up the front and braced it. Since the trany was braced it stayed in line

I took measurements from every spot I could find.

In the end it lined up real well

I still need to drill 1 hole (where the C clamp is) on the R/S mount but I broke my pilot hole bits so I have to go buy another one.

I also need to fabricate the cross-member for the Trany

In all broke 4 bits and the belt on my drill press

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.JPG

100_0153_LI (2).jpgi will share my nightmare.....the 3 circles are the mounts....i made 3 caster wheel mounts for 3 points. i kept the same engine layback angle that the car had. then the engine and transaxle could be moved around the shop. in order to remove the engine i attach the caster wheels and mounts, then lift the frame up and over the engine. it looks like you got it figured out fowler, good idea about using the rebar to hold engine/trans location with respect to the frame! larry

fowler...one idea is to ditch the serpentine.....get a v-belt style waterpump (should turn opposite direction) ,crank pulley and alt/w/v pulley and mount the alt down where the ps.was?? larry

1992-Chevrolet-S-10-4.3L.png

So after I fabricate the transmission mount I need to start on the front.

Be fore I do that I need to figure out how I will mount the Alternator and run the belt.

I may do as you said and mount it low. I'm not crazy about having it that low but dont know what else to do right now

Would reverse rotation water pump make belt routing easier?

It is running in "reverse" direction now. I could change the pump and run in standard direction but wouldn't that change my coolant flow direction? That would not be good.

I need to do more research on this but I am just to tired now. I have only gotten a few hours sleep in the last couple days

View attachment 44215

So after I fabricate the transmission mount I need to start on the front.

Be fore I do that I need to figure out how I will mount the Alternator and run the belt.

I may do as you said and mount it low. I'm not crazy about having it that low but dont know what else to do right now

this is what i did on my sidecar rig... drive shaft is a better option...ran that way for yrs and countless miles :)

Attachments

• P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    863.1 KB · Views: 189

i think just buy for a chev v-belt pump ,,,,,maybe the older 4.3's used vblt style. might need to be the long style pump. the inlet is behind the impeller..the water flings out thru the impeller and the housing directs the water into the block....same principle for both forward and reverse pumps. i'm guessing waterpumps for all smallblocks would fit. my 2c. larry

i think just buy for a chev v-belt pump ,,,,,maybe the older 4.3's used vblt style. might need to be the long style pump. the inlet is behind the impeller..the water flings out thru the impeller and the housing directs the water into the block....same principle for both forward and reverse pumps. i'm guessing waterpumps for all smallblocks would fit. my 2c. larry

so are you saying If I purchased a pump that the turns the other direction it would still send the coolant in the correct path through the engine?

Yup. Then you could go to something like this:
feadCJwoAC.jpg

Easiest picture to find on Web. Think of ALT in place of PS. Delete red belt.

The belt routing you have now causes the wp to rotate counter to the cs. The new belt routing the cs and wp rotate the same way. Probably v-belt set up would be easier. Lots of GM stuff is interchangeable.

bob....looking at the water pumps pictured on your last page....the one on the left , the impeller turns clock wise, flinging the water outward while sucking water in under the impeller. turning that same pump around, the pulley end would have to turn counterclockwise......meaning its driven by the backside of a serpentine belt. hense, reverse rotation.....the pump on the right would be a v-belt pump or clockwise rotation as viewed from the pulley end. hope this helps! larry

100_0048 (1).jpgthis is an 18 in dia pump I made in 2011. rotation as you see in the picture is ccw. the discharge is 4 in. pto driven from tractor....the pump suction is thru the bearing race in the center....the water flings outward in the volute housing to the discharge pipe. there is a cover with a bushing that bolts over the housing. the pump is screened over the race and is turned over. there is a shaft and a 90 deg. gearbox to drive it it will push 4 in stream of water thru more than 100 ft of pipe,....2011 was a wet spring and some of our property is low ground, so a spring project! larry

The clockwise rotation pump could be driven by a serpentine belt also if the WP pulley was changed from a smooth (Belt back side) to grooved (Belt front side) pulley. That way you could use an ALT pivot mount to act as the belt tensioner. Just need to make sure you have enough belt contact area on the WP so it won't slip and squeal. With this arrangement you can reuse your serpentine crank pulley and ALT pulley. Just need a shorter belt.

Thanks guys, I have not had a lot of time to research this myself lately so your information is defiantly helpful

I will be done with the work project I am doing this week so should have more time next week,

I also got this back from March Performance

To be honest I don't know if I will buy their kit or not but it does give me ideas as your suggestions do also

Capture.JPG

Hey guys I cant thank you enough for your advise.

Its pointing me in the right direction

I had a little time this morning and found I can get a Long standard rotation WP for under $50 and a set of pulleys for under $120

I even found a chrome set with water pump for under $150 (would have to buy a separate Alt pulley)

Most likely cheaper if I go to the wrecking yard

My concern now is will I find a belt to match?

Got to stop screwing off and get back to work.

Will look into this more later

Wouldn't the below setup work for me?

I know this is a different engine but I should be able to fabricate the brackets to fit my engine and could still use the WP, Alt and pulleys I have now.

Would need to get the the idler/dummy pulley but they are not that expensive

pulley setup.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png