88 blazer trike

I would think it ok. money seems about right.... It's about the same thing I did on Last Winter.....bored for light press on boat trailer bearing races. didn't make any provisions for seals....just made leather washers......turned and threaded a bolt from C1018. Now I'm assuming this is for standard Harley trees and bolt. Is that what front end you are going to use?

I will build my own trees but buy a stem bolt.

I put this one on mine. Heavy wall dom . Maybe a overkill but not a bad thing that supports all the weight up front.. I had a company in concord NH make my trees with a extra brace for 200. They are called hydrocam . Made out of 1/2 steel plate for two inch dom 250 wall tubing.. At least i know my front forks will stay on lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-CHOP...a796aae&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=162421455579

I like that one

What did you use for bearings

I will be using a 1" stem shaft

Got to put this trike project on hold until I find a new job and have $$$ coming in again

Hopefully it will not be to long

Thanks

With the severance they gave me and the amount we have saved up we will be fine until sometime next year without touching our retirement savings.

I hope to have a new job way before that. BUT I don't want to take the chance so we keep our self on a tight budget just in case we have to make it stretch

Don't want to touch the retirement savings

Had a job interview today but its 1 1/2 hours away. A long drive each way every day. They will have to pay me good to take that job at this point. (we have not talked $$$ yet)

I am a good match for that job though. The support role they need filled is exactly what I am good at.

Latter after I have been out of work for longer a job that far away may be more appealing for less pay but not yet.

BUT if they offer me enough I will do it.

Good luck to you on your job hunt Bob. Just gonna say, having a job that you are good at, can make work a lot more enjoyable and less stressful. Larry

A couple hours ago I traded a old broken riding lawnmower for a couple bucket seats

Will need to build a frame for them to sit on then lower them and spread them apart

They are cloth but I am thinking I can get water proof covers for them.

Th guy did not know what they are out of. He though maybe some type of Ford truck

seats 1.jpgseats 2.jpg

Got the seats mounted.

They take up a lot of room making my trike longer than I wanted.

BUT the Ol'Lady wants leg room and you know the old saying "Happy wife Happy life"

Since I had to move her seat back that takes up the room I was going to use for the gas tank.

Now thinking of having the gas tank underneath or over the engine like a motorcycle.

seats 3.jpg

Tank over the engine seems pretty scary to me. Don't know what you plan on using but my 9.5 gallon round tank fits nicely behind the rear seat of my trike. Same here, wife wanted some room to stretch out.

kind of agree with rrunner but.......thinking engine fire, heat sheild under tank...if engine grenades its usually out the bottom or sides that blow out... that said, a heavy built gas tank arching over bell and engine would look great! (maybe a scatter shield over the bell) narrow over the transmission then arching and widening over the engine. maybe some gauges pods built in... there appears to be plenty of height for the tank and steering rods looking at the height of the drivers seat. if you tank underneath contain the drive shaft... my 02 for today

I have seen V8 motorcycles with tanks over the engine. That's where I got the idea.

It would look real neat and as you said I do have clearance.

Just in case I decide to put the tanks under the seats next to the drive shaft, I have already been thinking about both containing the drive shaft if it comes loose and heat shield from the exhaust

I was planing to put it behind the back seat but now I cant do that and still have the truck bed I want.

I could put it under the truck bed but that is where I plan to have the radiator (with air being duct to it)

I need to leave room for a brake booster and master cyl also. I cant fit everything under the seats.

Need to mock things up with cardboard and foam to see how they will fit.

How about this?

This is only a 9 gallon tank but it allows me to use what I have. I would like a bigger tank though

gas_rad.jpg

The tank would actually be a inch or 2 higher allowing more air flow for the radiator

I would not use that shroud on the radiator. I would use a couple electric fans.

The fill for the gas tank and the radiator would come up flush with the truck bed. I have seen some nice flush mount truck bed gas caps before

like this

fuel.JPG

Then the area above the engine I could build a dummy tank that could be used to house gauges, air cleaner, wiring, storage and so on

When I get the gumption to build a v8 myself I would put the radiator up front. My buddy done his that way and has better cooling and not much heat. And my fuel tanks, I thought about mounting them over each of the rear fenders.

Bob .....like your ideas. after you burn off 9 gallons its time to get off and stretch your legs. if you go with f i you can use a small remote tank for the pump and return excess to this tank......dont throw that shroud very far..... the electric aluminum bladed fan off mid 80's chrysler 2.2 engines will move much more air than the plastic one i am using now... I had to go with low profile.....not enough room to use the chrysler. my cooling is marginal. you have the room. design the ducting around a good fan set up. also long radiator pipes (maybe aluminum) will really help...larry that false tank over the engine will look nice also.

you can use a small remote tank for the pump and return excess to this tank..

good idea!

On my first trike (a long time ago) we built a small surge tank. Since the radiator will be low I need something higher to act a surge and fill location

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png