88 blazer trike

I like those ideas, Not sure what i will do yet.

when I was younger and less beat up I could do it the way it is by just contorting my body to what ever is needed.

Now a days my body does not move that way anymore

Hey guys

I'm still around. Just to much going on to work on the trike lately.

I even accidentally cut off one of my toes a few weeks ago. Still healing from that.

Anyway I have not given up on my trike, I will get back to it, It may just be a while.

Sorry to hear about your toe Bob.

Guess thats better than losing a foot, but no fun none the less.

We can wait for you to get back to your trike project, when you get better...

Good luck on your recovery.

Thanks

The Toe or whats left of it will be fine. The infection is gone and its getting better every day

Its all the Ol'Ladies fault

We were watching a show called Forge in fire.

They were making Kukri

She really like them and asked me to make her one

I made her one, it came out Ok but I liked it so did my son

So we started making one for him and then started one for me.

Any time I get doing stuff with my son I take advantage of.

anyway I was looking through the scrap pile for a another leaf spring

I was in flip flops and rammed my toe into a a sharp I beam

Off went the toe

I did get to chase her around the bathroom with the part that came off though

That part was fun

I had to sit on my but for a few weeks and it drove me nuts.

while sitting around I ordered myself a forge. Don't know how it use it yet but I will

So glad to here that all is getting better Bob. Wow, that was some accident. Healing sure takes to much time, it only takes seconds to break or cut off something, but it seems like it takes forever to heal up.

I knew a person who lost a toe and than the lower leg because of infection. Not good at all, so please keep on it and do whatever is needed to help all heal as needed. I am sure my friends issue was lack of cleaning and care of the toe, knowing him he probably never went to a Doctor until it was to late. Keep safe everyone.

Hey guys

I'm still around.

Its been a long time since i have posted. A lot of things have happened in my life and I just not had the chance to get back to the trike build.

I still have it though. .

Now that my heath is better and I can move more I have been trying to get back tp working on it.

I did work on the square exhaust the other day. I'm still working out the details.

Anyway I thought I would pop in and say hi and let you know i have not given up on it.

Bob, glad you're posting again. I miss seeing your other metalworking projects, too.

I thought about you last month when I was coming home on Rt. 460.

Thanks guys

Sometimes life is just that way...........

anyway as I said I am working on my square exhaust. In doing so I have to also plan for my brake and gas pedals

The gas pedal is not an issue but the brake has been a little challenging.

I think I have it figured out now where I will now have 3 inches of brake pedal travel.

Is that enough?

I plan to use a small brake booster for easier braking

I also need to figure out a way to have hand brakes and hand throttle along with the foot pedals

I have Charcots foot on both feet and both the foot Gas and Brake pedals hurt, but I still want them along with the hand controls

Well it will be light out soon. I have to replace the exhaust manifold on my HHR today

I will try to get the Ol'Lady to help me with a picture of the square exhaust I have so far and post it

here is my first attempt at the square exhaust

just tacked together

need to come out more

Im not holding it exactly straight in the pic

square.JPG

I would want the full travel of the master cylinder. Brake pedal all the way down, the master should be at the end of it's travel.

I think with the right linkage setup I can make a 3 inch pedal travel longer than 3 inches if needed

It may make for a touchy brake pedal though

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammybo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammybo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png