88 blazer trike

Take this with a grain of salt...I am thinking the primary chamber on the m/c, (the one closest to the pushrod) should be for the rear brakes on your trike. (on a car this may be reversed? Then the front brake be adjusted with the proportioning valve. to balance the braking with regard to the final weight distribution.

I have not tried this myself...one trike of mine has a mechanical brake up front, the other has a separate m/c for both front and rear.

So food for thought only...

You are 100% correct with the chambers of the Master, I would be thinking of a adjustable residual check valve for the rear brakes

Thanks for the info guys, I still need to do more research myself.

Also I really don't want to lay on the cold concreat

So

I started working on the gear shifter.

I think (not real sure though) the shift pattern will end up backward

I will send pics and explain later

It pops into each gear fine. But the way it is now it could be bumped out easy

My idea is to make gate plate that will hold the shifter in each position.

I have a few ideas on how to make it pop into each slot on the gate plate

When I build the dash it will cover the mechanism, just the shifter arm will poke through.I may change the arm to a round shaft

Park is on bottom with L1 is on top

Park

IMG20231213145203.jpg

L1

IMG20231213145210.jpg

IMG20231213150639.jpg IMG20231213150644.jpg

I got some new rear coil springs for Xmass

Installed them today.

Now my drive line angle is off but I can adjust it from a number of places so I should be OK.

Need to put some weight on the back end and recheck the angle first

I have been out in the cold all day. My son and I walked our fence line. He cut down every thing I pointed out. Just getting branches off the fence, clearing the trail through the woods, and clearing branches that hit us when we mow

The angle adjustments will have to wait for another day

I have been adjusting my drive line angle today. I was supersized how little of a adjustment it actually took

This is what I have. From what I have read this should be good.

What do you all think

IMG20240106145054.jpg

A while back I though the Trike would be shorter and my angles would be out of range. So I thought I would have to use a double Cardan joint. Now that it is longer than I thought (10' wheel base, 19 1/2 drive shaft) I should NOT have to use a double cardan.

My understanding is I have to keep the operating angles below 10

drive angles.JPG

I had to adjust my 4 link to get the angles the way they are now. I was having some issues with it binding. SO I sprayed oil under the back wheels so as I tried different adjustments the rear end would slide back and forth.

Now my link shafts measure 25 1/4"

I put some weights on the back end and had my Ol'Lady and son sit on the trike.

The weight came out to about 550lbs although I think the Ol'Lady is lying about her weight (she would not let me see it in the scale) So I think I could add 10 more pounds

How about a disposable rotisserie? Do you have enough room in your shop to roll it on it's side? Here's some stuff from the web:

http://www.mossmotoring.com/diy-rotisserie/

Sure beats welding upside down!

I am trying to get everything ready to weld the underneath. I suck at welding upside down.

I am planning to flip the frame somehow. I was thinking of building the redneck rotisserie and adapting it for the trike frame

Yesterday I checked and welded any needed areas on the left side before the Ol'Lady drafted me to a home project. I am going to try to get back out there again today to do the right side after my feet treatment is done. (I use the 2 pads on my feet 2 times a day for 30 minutes each. Its called Replexa) Once I get everything I missed welded on top I will build the Rotisserie

Never got the Right side welded up. Maybe today.

I have been thinking about this wooden rotisserie I want to build

The back end will be simple to connect (not easy but simple)

For the front end I think I will have to make a metal adapter to fit between the trikes neck to the rotisserie

I don't have a lot of room in my garage to do this so I am thinking of a different type of rotisserie. I still think a wooden one will be best for me

Looking at designs like this

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/body/681758-building-wooden-body-rotisserie.html

rotisserie.jpg

anyone done something like this and have any suggestions?

I haven't done much work on the trike lately.

Other projects like

3d printing a new 9mm carbine

Rebuilding one of my boxing dummy (Slam Man). Iv lost 45 lbs throwing punches.

Wheel bearing in my car

House repairs

and all the stuff on the Ol'Lady's honey do list

I'm not going to have a lot of time in the near future either.

I guess it will be a few months before I am really able to get back to it. I will get back to it though.

I did get a little done a couple weeks ago before my surgery.

But have not gotten anything done since and it will be awhile before I can do more

Pulled the engine and trany, added a temp bar on the front to sit on the rotisserie. When I am done with all the welding I will remove the bar

Still need to pull the rear end and add a bar to the back Then build the rotisserie

IMG20240217200100.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png