Mustang Seat

I can't exactly talk apples to apples, but I will say this. I've had Mustangs on two different touring Yamaha bikes I've owned, and if they are any indication, they were very comfortable.

Had a Mustang seat on my 2000 Road King and 2005 CVO Electraglide. Now have one with rider's backrest on my 2015 Free Wheeler. Had and Ultimate seat on my 2012 Victory Cross Country. Both are excellent seats but IMO the Mustang seat is the best.

Sunman

Mustang Seat - Request to Recover Stock HD Passenger Backrest Pad to match

Guys,

I just wrote an email of inquiry to Mustang to see if they would/could recover the stock HD sissy-pad / Passenger backrest to match their Mustang Vintage seat they offer for the Freewheeler.

I will keep you posted on any response I get from them.

I have both the large and the small pads that Harley sells for the Freewheeler and will offer up both if they want - but, I am really just interested in getting the small one redone - its the one that HD generally sells for that sissy bar.

Springman

Guys,

I just wrote an email of inquiry to Mustang to see if they would/could recover the stock HD sissy-pad / Passenger backrest to match their Mustang Vintage seat they offer for the Freewheeler.

I will keep you posted on any response I get from them.

I have both the large and the small pads that Harley sells for the Freewheeler and will offer up both if they want - but, I am really just interested in getting the small one redone - its the one that HD generally sells for that sissy bar.

Springman

The following is what I got back from Mustang:

thanks for the email.

Really glad you like the seat on the Freewheeler. We don’t have
the capability to recover the stock backrest, and we don’t have a replacement
product. However, I will forward your email to our design team – I agree,
sounds like a need we ought to fill.

Neal Schermerhorn
Customer Service - Technical
Mustang Motorcycle Products
4 Springfield St | Three
Rivers | MA | 01080
P: 413-668-1126 | F:
800-243-1399

NSchermerhorn@Mustangseats.com
Mustangseats.com

OK, anyone else with a Mustang Seat Interested in obtaining a matching sissy bar pad - please send Neal an email......

Thanks,

Springman

Matching Mustang Passenger Back Rest Pad for Freewheeler Stock Sissy Bar

OK Folks,

I have been talking with:

Neal Schermerhorn, Customer Service - Technical
Mustang Motorcycle Products
4 Springfield St | Three
Rivers | MA | 01080
P: 413-668-1126 | F: 800-243-1399
NSchermerhorn@Mustangseats.com
Mustangseats.com

And, he is recommending the following as a possibly matching pad for the Mustang Vintage Seat they offer for the Freewheeler:

http://www.mustangseats.com/ProductImages.aspx?intProductID=48739

The Mustang Part Number is #79015

I have submitted an order for one and will let you know how it look when I get it.

Thanks,

Springman

Anyone got the Mustang Vintage touring seat on their Freewheeler? Curious if worth the money? Or if anyone has found a better seat. Thanks

I moved the Mustang Wide Vintage with backrest from my 2012 EG Custom to my 2016 Freewheeler. It fits perfectly. I moved the HD Tallboy from the Free to the Custom and it fit well. The Mustang is not quite as far back at the Tallboy but is fine for me.
BTW, there have been many posts on the forum that HD touring parts fit on the Free. Measure and try them before you give up or make mods that cost $$$
mustang wide vintage 1r.jpgmuststang wide vintage 2r.jpg

Like the look

Nice ride I really like the look of that seat!

Wondering if that seat puts you farther back than the factory stock seat?
Is that rider backrest the stock Harley frame mount?
Do you have the Part number on that seat?

Nice ride I really like the look of that seat!

Wondering if that seat puts you farther back than the factory stock seat?
Is that rider backrest the stock Harley frame mount?
Do you have the Part number on that seat?
I would say it puts you in a similar, stock sitting position.

You can utilize either the stock Rider Rest and Sissy Bar or Mustang's Seat-Attached unit.
(I think using the HD style Sissy Bar and Pad will give the rider a better sitting position - IMHO. And, Mustang does sell a matching pad - see my post above)

Look on their website for Part Number.

SPringman

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png