Anyone ever get a Voyager to roll over?

Jul 29, 2010
Ottawa, Ks.
I have taken some pretty sharp turns on mine that made me pucker. I just wonder if anyone has ever gone over on a curve and how much over the speed limit they were going to make it happen without having some kind of mechanical problem to cause it. I am sure I am not the only one who has ever wondered about this.

I guess anything is possible < was told I got my inside wheel 2 feet off the ground. Heck a friend son flipped a Caddy Coupe De Ville.. I didn't think that could be done either.

I believe if you got overly agressive you'd turn it over, just like a regular trike.
I had a client who managed to get his trike to roll over and he was out of commission for quite some time while healing.

I believe if you got overly agressive you'd turn it over, just like a regular trike.
I had a client who managed to get his trike to roll over and he was out of commission for quite some time while healing.

no I had mine to the point that only one of the 3 was on the ground and the main one was barking, :D if you have notised it is unsave to relie on the front brake in power curves as it wont's to cause you to go stright :no:

I did notice that little detail but it was after I was already in the oncoming lane and trying to get back. A four wheeler that was following me saw that I was having a problem and tried to pass me on the right as I was fighting to get back in my lane. That guy almost hit me and then as he went by me, flipped me off. It was a very close call and only by the Grace of God there was no traffic in the oncoming lane and my wife and I were safe. the guy behind us though was doing everything he could to force us back into that lane. I think that will be the last time I trust a speed limit sign on my Voyager. I think back brake only might have been better in that case. A 45 mph curve is not always a 45 mph curve either. I just could not get my handlebars to come back to the right with my front brake on.

I did notice that little detail but it was after I was already in the oncoming lane and trying to get back. A four wheeler that was following me saw that I was having a problem and tried to pass me on the right as I was fighting to get back in my lane. That guy almost hit me and then as he went by me, flipped me off. It was a very close call and only by the Grace of God there was no traffic in the oncoming lane and my wife and I were safe. the guy behind us though was doing everything he could to force us back into that lane. I think that will be the last time I trust a speed limit sign on my Voyager. I think back brake only might have been better in that case. A 45 mph curve is not always a 45 mph curve either. I just could not get my handlebars to come back to the right with my front brake on.

Capt sorry you learned that lesson the hard way. You also are experiencing something that if you had a trike conversion with a rake kit you would not have that is the hard steering. You can rake the bike you have now but then could not remove the voyager kit because the bike on 2 wheels with the rake would really be dangerous.

I am still not in love with my Voyager anyway. It's great for around town and isn't bad on the interstate. I think I may be looking for a real trike with a rake already on it. Maybe it's just this experience, but this could have been our last experience. I'm just pretty sure we will not be outrunning any two wheelers around that curve.

I am still not in love with my Voyager anyway. It's great for around town and isn't bad on the interstate. I think I may be looking for a real trike with a rake already on it. Maybe it's just this experience, but this could have been our last experience. I'm just pretty sure we will not be outrunning any two wheelers around that curve.

Have you checked out the motorcycle trike kits that Trigg Trikes make? You don't have to rake your front end. Their wheels are set back a little and act like trailering wheels. They look good, are very affordable and stable. Check them out at Trigg Trike Kits - Motorcycle Trike Kits - Motorcycle to Trike Conversion

After spending the past year recovering from an Accident where I was hit from behind by another Biker (while Riding a Charity Event), 3 Surgeries and Months on end Dreaming about having a Trike, I'm probably the Slowest person on the Forum and perfectly happy limiting my 70 n 80 mph Rides to the Straightaways! Still feeling out the curves and have been comfortable at the Speed Limit so far.

Ed

No matter what the reason, a rider has to ride thier own ride. The whole idea is fun, and if you aren't comfortable, there won't be fun. Be comfortable in your ride. Remember that you are riding for you, not anyone else.

captain,
check out the rewaco rf1 later this year as soon as the epa is worked out, excellent ride and wont roll unless you hit something. check rewaco.com it is the factory site

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png