Maggie Valley 2017?

I understand and agree with Bazooka on the September 4-8 for dates
if enough agree let's start planning!!!

I'm thinking we need volunteers to lead rides Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Judy wants to go back to the Botanical Gardens in Asheville - which just happens to be a nice ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway so looks like I'll be doing that.

also could use someone to plan some evening activities like another cookout or two.

if you can post here ideas rides etc I'll try to keep track of it and put it together like an itinerary.

Please include a ride theme or where it's going what day morning or afternoon etc.

Other ideas throw 'em out and let's brainstorm

OK Go!

Thank you. There should be no issue finding places to ride. My only issue would be Labor Day weekend. The Dragon will be swamped as will the Blue Ridge Pky. Bet the skyway will be over run too. Short ride up to Cumberland Gap nat'l park. And, then there is the arts and crafts guild loop just east of Gatlinburg. http://www.gatlinburgcrafts.com/map.html My s/o can spend a week there and never run out of things to spend money on .............. :gah:

Thank you. There should be no issue finding places to ride. My only issue would be Labor Day weekend. The Dragon will be swamped as will the Blue Ridge Pky. Bet the skyway will be over run too. Short ride up to Cumberland Gap nat'l park. And, then there is the arts and crafts guild loop just east of Gatlinburg. http://www.gatlinburgcrafts.com/map.html My s/o can spend a week there and never run out of things to spend money on .............. :gah:

Thats why we would start our gathering on Sunday or Monday after most have left the area. Yes on the weekends the Dragon is always busy, but weekdays it slows way down. We do not schedule the Dragon as a main group ride because most of our members have ridden it numerous times and there are better rides than the Dragon anyway. It should be an optional ride that can be signed up for by those who wish to ride it.

Looking forward to it.
We'll be happy to lead some rides again this year.

Great Mike, Thank You! You were such a great help last year.

So, thus far we have Mike and John who have volunteered to be ride captains. Things go so much smoother and enjoyable when the planning and organization is supported by multiple people, so a big Thank You for those volunteering to be team leaders in this gathering. The more folks we can get involved, the better and less stressful/more fun it is for everyone.

I suggest that we start a Group to work out the details going forward. I will set one up in Groups to be called Maggie Valley 2017.

Maggie Valley Group Page Is Set Up

To participate in this event planning, scroll to the top of the page, then click on 'Community' as shown on the navigation bar picture below and then click on Groups which will take you to the Groups home page. I encourage all who plan on being there participate in the planning. Share your ideas and pitch in to help where you can please.

groups.png

You will then see all the Groups listings, click on Maggie Valley 2017.

Groups   Trike Talk Forum   News.png

I hope to make this event this year. It is not the best date for me,but will try to make it. Last year did not work out and we missed it. We have a family camping outing Labor Day weekend. Our family has been doing this for over 35 years. We can't get away until Monday or Tuesday,if I can get vacation scheduled.

I would love to go. Unfortunately, the National Quartet Convention will be in Pidgeon Forge September 25-October 1. My current wife says that has priority. It's hard to make two 2200 mile round trips in the same month:(. Wish I could be there.

Looks like Hot Bike Tour will be north of us in Johnson City TN September 8 - 10. Might be something nice to stop and see on way home.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png