Unhappiness and desparation is turning on the BIG flatscreen....

Jul 13, 2011
Cville, IN / Leesburg, FL
Unhappiness and desparation is turning on the BIG flatscreen....

<center>and getting one of those ominous blue Comcast messages:

"ONE MOMENT PLEASE"
This channel should be available shortly.
Ref. Code: S0a00

</center> So you wait a bit, no change. Try changing channels, same thing on EVERY channel! Now I'm getting worried. Playoff game is almost on.

Every small TV in the house is working just fine, but NOT the big screen! Crap.
s8.gif

Resign myself to suffering through watching the game on a itsy bitsy TV.
frown.gif
(Sorry Chaz, C-Hawks lost!)

Finally log on to Comcast website and go thru "Chat" with support and went thru all the gyrations of checking connections, etc., etc. No luck. Here's your appointment for a technician to show up and "fix things" so you can use your big screen.

So, instead of being fat and happy, lounging in my chair in front of a "big screen" (like someone I know),
I have a large doorstop on top of a nice cabinet full of audio-visual electronics for a week until Mr. Tech-Know-It-All shows up.
<center>
SH*T
s2.gif

Stuck in a house with an ice storm going on with a large doorstop. (pic this a.m.)

P1020169.JPG

My take: the "big" Motorola control box is toast.

</center>

I'm sure tech support told you this but unplug your cable box, let it sit for 30 seconds and plug back in. I had to do this every time I turned the TV on. Finally a repairman came and replaced the box.

Why couldn't ya swap out a box for now :Shrug:

No time for it today, went out of town. If the main box is disconnected, others don't work. Xfinity high tech? Plus major PIA to get at plugs/wires behind entertainment center that weighs a ton to move. My bum knee doesn't help. I'll wait till techie arrives and use other TVs.

Otherwise, swapping boxes not a bad idea.

Don't you hate things like this. I remember as a kid sitting for hours watching the test pattern waiting for the show to start. :clapping:Jim

I would get up early in the morning before school and turn on the TV to watch cartoons. Mom would lay out my clothes, and I would eat a bowl of dry (I preferred it that way) cereal, usually Cheerios. If I got up too early there was just audio and video static, which we called the "maggot fights". The static would go away, the test pattern would come on, and a few minutes before the programming started a tone would come on. We knew something was going on - much better than today's blue screen with meaningless codes.
1950stationID.jpg

Thats not your tv with the problem... you cable box is not accessing the ESPN stream.
Ill bet your cable box is bad
OR your signal is low to that box, (or S/N ratio is high... ie bad cables)

did you switch the cable boxes on different tv's

Ding Ding Ding Ding

Thats not your tv with the problem... you cable box is not accessing the ESPN stream.
Ill bet your cable box is bad
OR your signal is low to that box, (or S/N ratio is high... ie bad cables)
did you switch the cable boxes on different tv's

For those making odds, it was indeed the Cable Box. The Comcast Kid proclaimed that ours was an antique (had it nearly 20 years!) and gave us a brand new one, about 1/5 the size of the old Motorola box.

All is well in the TV universe again and I can watch the playoff games this weekend on the big screen! ThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp

For those making odds, it was indeed the Cable Box. The Comcast Kid proclaimed that ours was an antique (had it nearly 20 years!) and gave us a brand new one, about 1/5 the size of the old Motorola box.
All is well in the TV universe again and I can watch the playoff games this weekend on the big screen! ThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp

I thought so

:clap::yahoo::bye::dance:

Don't yea just love technology?/ I guess it's still got to be better than the rabbit ears on top our TV when I was growing up...............

Ronnie

:clap::yahoo::bye::dance:

Don't yea just love technology?/ I guess it's still got to be better than the rabbit ears on top our TV when I was growing up...............

Ronnie

With the tin foil wrapped around the ears .

We were rich , had a 200lb magnifying glass for wide screen :D

Don’t know the make , just remember my dad going to the drug store to check/replace the tubes when it was on the fritz....:Shrug:

Had a uncle who started TV repair as a side gig, and bought a tube tester. Ours went on the fritz so I borrowed the tester. Before I could return it, he visited our house and I tried giving him the tester back. He adamantly refused. Confused, then his wife explained that people would call him all hours to fix their TV’s, and since I had his tester, he could honestly say he had loaned out his equipment and couldn’t help.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png