Considering a Hannigan Trike

TnTrike

20+ Posts
Aug 1, 2010
USA
I am considering converting a 2010 Electra Glide Police to a Hannigan trike, I am wanting some custome paint work. The cost of the conversion would be close to the cost of a 2011 TriGlide without any custom paint.
Any comments on Hannigan vs solid axle trike?

Hannigan makes a wonderful kit, TnTrike. They are one of a number of excellent trike kit manufacturers. As far as solid axle vs. independent suspension..... strictly a personal preference. Mine is a Champion kit with the solid axle, and I love it and would definitely go the same way again, but you will hear from owners of independent suspension who feel exactly the same way. Some feel the solid axle is "simpler" with less to go wrong or need service, but I think all the manufacturers will stand behind their product, so that may not be an issue to you. If it is possible to do so, test drive both options..... you may find you have a strong preference. Also, if your local trike builder specializes in one or the other that may influence your choice.

Thank you Nana, I am considering having the Hannigan factory build the trike, they are the closest.

I am considering converting a 2010 Electra Glide Police to a Hannigan trike, I am wanting some custome paint work. The cost of the conversion would be close to the cost of a 2011 TriGlide without any custom paint.

Even though it may seem like you would be spending the same money, your advantage is that you know how your bike runs. Most of us loved our bikes before we triked them. Make sure you get a rake kit installed. It DOES make a difference.

I just got my Hannigan installed and the total cost delivered to my door was less than half the price of a Tri-Glide:confused:
What can you possibly be doing that would make the conversion close to the price of a Tri-Glide:(

Are you including the cost of your bike?

Hannigan has the smoothest ride.
Solid axle models corner "flatter" but, the passenger has a "harsher" ride.

I have a 2010 triglide and am very happy with it. It has a few things that I plan to change to help the performance in the hills and wind here in Kansas. My opinion and we all have them is that the advantage of buying a new trike from the manufacture is cost, warranty, and dealer network. When problems pop up I'm the kind of guy that is getting mature enough to seek out that local HD dealer for the fix. Enjoy your ride when you make your choice. NJTRIKE

TnTrike: I have a Hannigan kit on my 2004 Ultra, I just got back from a trip this weekend & everyone I encountered really loved the Trike. I love the way it handles & you just continue to smile. If you live that close to the factory I'm sure Ruth & Dave Hannigan would let you try one out. Jim Gooch in service will also answer any questions you may have, as far as independant or straight axle, it's like Nana said "It's a personal preference" anyways Welcome to the 3 wheeled world, your in for one hell of a great ride....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balcy24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balcy24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png