Good price on a 2016?

Aug 30, 2015
Moyock, NC
Talked to a dealer today about a 2016 billet silver tri-glide with a illuminated fascia trim on lower trunk,
said 33000 out the door with free oil on oil changes was the best they could do. I have to finance. Good deal or No? putting 6k down

New or used?

It would seem the obvious answer would be used, but my dealer had a new '16 on the floor when I was there the other day.

And how many free oil changes?

Talked to a dealer today about a 2016 billet silver tri-glide with a illuminated fascia trim on lower trunk,
said 33000 out the door with free oil on oil changes was the best they could do. I have to finance. Good deal or No? putting 6k down

My obvious question is "How much more is the new 2017?" Follow-up questions: Free Oil in ALL holes? and, is that going to be HD Syn3 or Dyno oil?
I honestly think you should negate the oil changes - I think that is just a pitch tactic - IMHO.

I just think in those numbers, I may want to look at a 2017 and possibly get the M8 engine......

(BEST ADVISE: That was one HD Dealer's Offer....Now, go see and visit at least two more......)

Springman

My obvious question is "How much more is the new 2017?" Follow-up questions: Free Oil in ALL holes? and, is that going to be HD Syn3 or Dyno oil?
I honestly think you should negate the oil changes - I think that is just a pitch tactic - IMHO.

I just think in those numbers, I may want to look at a 2017 and possibly get the M8 engine......

(BEST ADVISE: That was one HD Dealer's Offer....Now, go see and visit at least two more......)

Springman

Yup. What he says.

If the 33 is really out the door 🚪 Like all tax trans set up fees doc fees .Then it's not bad! The key words are REALLY OUT THE DOOR!
This message sent by iPhone!

Just Purchased a 2016 in mid December

I'm in central Arkansas, I paid $30,600 cash for a 2016 with 1349 miles with a Backrest and Luggage rack.

What Ive seen at a few dealers thats just about the going price. The dealer can deal on his own with Service and Extended Warranties. I would try to deal on those for 2 or more years at no coast.

Best of luck to you

Around this area that is a good price, depends on the dealer in my area, have seen them close to $34,000 and that is not out the door price, so when you add prep, tax, liscense and everything else they tack on, $33,000 to me is a good price if that is out the door with nothing else added.

It would be up to you at that price and if you feel comfortable with that. I paid more for mine but had quite a few options added to it, bars, cables, backrest, etc etc, and it took some talking back and forth to get the price I wanted to pay out the door, I was at one price out the door and he was $1,000 higher out the door, we finally split the difference and I was happy at giving $500 more than what I had offered, when I went to pick it up he gave me a card worth $55 to spend, they figured wrong on parts so I got the card and spent it on other things later on.

My only regret is I didn't trade one of my other bikes in for this 2016 triglide, which was used with just a hair over 3,000 miles on it, I figured I could sell mine outright for more than they would give me, but still should have traded one in, but I'm happy with what I did.

All for now Trampas

P.S. Prices vary different on triglides, depends on where you are at, but personally I think they are all to high to begin with, check out NADA guide and Kelley Blue Book, they both have different prices

As Springman2007 said it nice to check out other dealers around you for prices. I was dealing on a 2014 that was used with 15,000 miles on it, I passed on it, found this 2016 with a little over 3,000 miles on and got it for about the same price with my add on's, basically only had to wait another month for this one but it paid off since I got 2 years newer, around here triglides go pretty fast at the dealer's, could be why they are asking so much for them, I know from talking to sales they said they even can't get enough new in, they are usually sold before they hit the showroom floor.

3.jpg

This is my 2016

All for now Trampas

Thanks for the replies, it really is 30,145, 33000 out the door with doc fees ect.,the silver ones dealer is about a hundred miles from me and the two dealers closest to me are owned by the same guy, they don't have a new 2016 but can get me the color I want, silver and black for 34 OTD and said he would throw in bumper or luggage rack my choice, gonna try to get both!

Probably not a terrible price. My 2017 with the stage 2 boom audio upgrade, xm radio, rear bumper, windshield trim, street cannon mufflers and HD extended warranty was a touch under $39000. including tax and license.

Was out in Idaho over the holidays and stopped at one in eastern Idaho and a couple in Montana that I will not name but they had used 2014's that had anywhere from 11k to 18K on them and prices were around $32K to $33K. Most had only the trunk guard (rear bumper to most people) and a luggage rack. None were noted as having Stage 1 or any other accessories. New 2017 were in the $36K to $38K range with freight and setup and not including title, tax and license and accessories. To me $33K OTD for a 2016 is a very good price.

DakotaTG, It is kind of interesting about pricing. Here in some parts of Florida and at least one place in South Georgia, some HD dealers I trade with seem to be more aggressive with their selling prices. It may be partly due to the fact that they have a year-round selling season whereas some of the locations you mentioned have a much shorter riding season.

Last edited:
Dealer

I was at the Dealer this past weekend talk to a guy in sales. He said that the Company HD, Is giveing all Dealers with a 2015 - 2016 bikes 20% off from the Factory. So you got to work from there.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Tapscott aka T.P.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Tapscott aka T.P.
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png