FLHXXX Streetglide Trike

Ripplingh2o

20+ Posts
Jun 2, 2015
Northern Minnesota
Have an opportunity to purchase a 2010 Streetglide Trike (FLHXXX) with less than 6,000 miles. Looks showroom clean but it's 4 states away. Shipping (to me) is doable but I'm unsure if this FLHXXX has any kind of negative track record. From my research Harley ceased production after 2011. Any advice from this sage group of fellow enthusiasts? It has (the optional reverse and FOB security). Thanks.

I had a 2010 Tri Glide. The front belt pully was to high on 2010 models, had to change from 30 to 32 ( all after 2010 have the 32 tooth gear) don't know if the SG trikes are same. Other than that all was good.

SG

Both Wife/I bought 2010 SG's new, after all these years I do not know of any major differences (other than body style, I.E. tour pak + accessories) between it and the Ultra. In fact I have since put a REMOVAL T/P and lowers on mine.
Dont know of ANY issues unique to the Street Glide model.
We LOVE our trikes
Wife 44 thou
Mine 74 thou.

I have the ultra version of the 2010. The big difference is the street glide doesn't have a tour pack. A couple other small things also. Basically the "sporty" version of mine. If its a real good price then maybe. My engine rebuilt at 85k. I was never all that pleased with quality before rebuild. Forget backup motor. Mine sucked until it fried and was replaced with an updated beefier electric motor.
If planning major riding, I would think twice. If doing low mileage, then maybe. Mine has spent alot of time in HD for its life. It is running pretty good now at 110k.

I would be asking seller some other questions like how old are the tires? If came with the trike should be replaced at 7 years old. Also push to get price lowered as it has set a lot which isn't the best for seals and gaskets. Average is little over 800 a year and most was probably in the first year. The oil could of been in there for years if not ridden. Same with battery, low miles is nice but almost none not so good. No warranty, not a dealer I take, so he is asking a lot ..JMO but some things to consider.;)

They're asking $22,700. Thought that was high considering top NADA is $18K. But then I'm sure the low mileage (5,965) equals the premium price.

The FLXXX is a stripped down TRI Glide. The only difference is cosmetics. The running gear is the same. Stock brake pads are weak. Suggest after market. Watch the rotors on the rear. The stock pads if not checked will wear through them. The retail on that trike in 2010 was 26,995 if I remember correctly. As stated by another post 800 miles per year is what HD considers average use. So the mileage is right on not low. They are a great trike. Most people that own them still have them. They were the lead in to the FreeWheeler of today. So if you like it negotiate a price you can live with and enjoy.

I have a 2011 and have nothing but good luck out of it. Like was said above the pulley was changed for additional power from the 10 to 11 model and mine has been "upgraded" to a complete Triglide with all the accessories but it is still the same basic model underneath. If you can get it for a price you can live with, go for it!
2x smaller trike.jpg

I would look for a triglide, and remove the tour pack for the street glide look. It's what i have done and i love the look for when the CEO stays home.

Great advice all around. Didn't think of stripping off the tourpak to achieve the same relative look. The Mrs. can't ride, so the 2-up option of a Tri was dismissed. Now it's back on the table. Thank you'z.

I had a 2010 Tri Glide. The front belt pully was to high on 2010 models, had to change from 30 to 32 ( all after 2010 have the 32 tooth gear) don't know if the SG trikes are same. Other than that all was good.

The 2010 TG and SG trikes all came with 32T front pulleys. Trikes went to 30T fronts in 2011.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png