Is a Goldwing trike's brakes linked together like a stock wing??

Burnerboy

2000+ Posts
Sep 2, 2016
Springfield, Mass. USA
Is a Goldwing trike's brakes linked together like a stock wing??

I just heard my 2010 Goldwing trike conversion is done, should be getting it back this week (hopefully)
Does anybody know if front/rear brakes are linked together like it was when stock two wheeler??
This will be my first ride on a trike (looking forward to it for sure):clapping:

Ronnie

Our 1997 GL1500SE / 1998 Lehman GTL Trike still has linked brakes, they are fine.
Seems to me older CSCs (maybe it was Champion?) placed both frt brakes on handlebar lever and rear brakes on pedal ... they used a handlebar MC with a larger bore to accommodate both sides.
Some Champions (maybe others) use residual pressure check valves (4 psi for disc, 10 psi for drums) to maintain a bit of pressure in line just to keep seals filled, but low enough to let brakes release. I installed a 10 psi on in my rear brake line to drum brakes, reduced travel at application.

I can only speak for my conversion, I have a Hannigan Reverse Trike and the brakes are linked.
If you do not receive an Owners Manual with your conversion ask the folks that did he installation whether the brakes are linked.

I have a CSC conversion on my 02' GW that was done in 09. If I come down hard on rear pedal in lose gravel, grass ect. the front brakes will lock up. If using just firm pressure on rear pedal then I believe only rear brakes are braking or so it seems. I'm new to trikes so correct me if that's not how they're suppose to work

Roadsmith started linking the brakes last year, if yours isn't linked, some Roadsmith dealers will install the new brake setup, I had mine done right after the setup was available.

I cant speak for all with linked brakes.
But.
Keep on eye down the road. Look after the front right side pads.
My brakes are linked on my 2010 MT trike.
If I use more rear brake pedal then say front to stop. Which I do.
My front right pad is the linked one. Those front right pads go 1st on my bike.
Mine was toast down to the metal lining by 20K miles.:AGGHH:

Yeah, good point ....
Look after the front right side pads. My brakes are linked on my 2010 MT trike.If I use more rear brake pedal then say front to stop. Which I do.My front right pad is the linked one. Those front right pads go 1st on my bike.
.... last time I had mine open to inspect, I also found rt rotor was a bit thinner than left, yet both were within limits .... so I reversed them side for side .... and I installed new pads on that right side.

Linked ?

My Champ Wing trike is separate rear and front brakes.
The reasoning is the foot master cyl is small & designed for one rear wheel.
I guess its too mach to ask operating all 3 with big rear units.
I think a brake company engineer should quantify this guessing.
Performance brakes are a big deal to some guys.
I like operating the cheap rear brakes only for normal driving
Its just less maint to think about down the road.
Happy Day

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87_442

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87_442
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png