FI light comes on while riding

GoldWingrGreg

JustWings.com
May 12, 2016
Zephyrhills, FL, USA
Just an FYI, GL1800s have a FI light, and that stands for "fault indicator." Basically, it warns if there is failure developing in the fuel injection system. It does not monitor the cooling or charging system.

True story ... so, if your FI light come on, and your local shop recommend that all your cooling system hoses be replace, and you leave and your FI light comes on, and then they tell you that the water pump needs replaced too, and you leave and your FI light come on, and then they say that now your alternator needs replaced, and you leave and your FI light comes on, you might want to find a shop familure with GL1800s ... just say'n !!!

My F1 indicator light came on last Summer. I panicked.. rode to my Tech.. told him what happened. He smiled, told me to relax, loosen my fuel cap, tighten it again, and ride......He was right... The indicator went off and life went on. Just an FYI

By the way Greg,, love your picture!

My F1 indicator light came on last Summer. I panicked.. rode to my Tech.. told him what happened. He smiled, told me to relax, loosen my fuel cap, tighten it again, and ride......He was right... The indicator went off and life went on. Just an FYI

By the way Greg,, love your picture!

I'sn't she great ... a perfectly, well maintained athletic body. It looks like the guy in the back ground wants a selfie with her !!!

Since our system is not like a modern day car, and pressure in a GL1800's fuel tank has nothing to do with an FI light coming on, hopefully the next time you go there they don't tell you that replacing the cooling hoses will fix your light, or removing a fuel cap will fix your FI light.

Last edited:
FI Light

Since our system is not like a modern day car, and pressure in a GL1800's fuel tank has nothing to do with an FI light coming on, hopefully the next time you go there they don't tell you that replacing the cooling hoses will fix your light, or removing a fuel cap will fix your FI light.[/QUOTE]

+1 on coincidence of fuel cap. But if it stays off, great! My FI came on after bike warmed up, possibilities were checked on Honda Diagnostic Machine, after attempt at sensor replacement, FI came back on, next was the computer, yep that did it. Been over a year. All is well. Wish I could add the cost of replacement to the value of the Trike. Oh well, ride on with confidence ............. :Dorag:

My FI light came on once. I was caught in a downpour (raining so hard I could barley see the road). I got to a place to get off the road and in the dry and Googled the FI light and it said to kill the bike and let it sit for a couple of minutes and restart the bike. That is what I did and it has never been on again. I expect the amount of rain I was in either got something wet or the intake got a little too much moisture in the system. Just a guess but I have never had another issues with it.

I'sn't she great ... a perfectly, well maintained athletic body. It looks like the guy in the back ground wants a selfie with her !!!

Since our system is not like a modern day car, and pressure in a GL1800's fuel tank has nothing to do with an FI light coming on, hopefully the next time you go there they don't tell you that replacing the cooling hoses will fix your light, or removing a fuel cap will fix your FI light.

"a perfectly well maintained athletic body:,,,,, hell I was just looking at the boobs!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png