Jacks...Who has what...???

skuuter

10000+ Posts
Apr 23, 2010
Estill Springs, Tn, USA
Obviously runnin' a Junk Yard, I have access to all kinds of various mechanical jacks out of cars. I've been thinkin' of piratin' one of these, doin' a little weldin'/fabricatin' on it for carryin' onboard the Trikes in case of "Tire Emergencys"...same for a large breaker bar and 19mm socket (fits both of our Trikes). My Gold Wing has a harness wired in for a 12v Slime Air Compressor, and I keep the Compressor and Tire Patch Kits loaded all the time. I also considered a cheap "Bottle Jack", but my "freebie" access may determine my route that I use. Anyone else have good solutions.....???....THANKS...:wtg:

If you use a small 1 ton bottle jack you could make a small shoe for the top that you can attach. That way it would not take up a lot of space and can lift the trike up high enough . I use a scissor jack from my old 81 Subaru . I don't carry it , takes up too much room

I bought a small scissor jack from auto-zone ($27.00) and carry it in my trunk. Really does'nt take up much space, and is always there if I need it. Which I already did once.

Had not thought about a jack. Just carry the compressor and plugs. May re-evaluate that.

Yep, seems like a good idea...some, such as Scalp Hunter seem to have already found their merits. Found me a nice one outa' a 1997 Mercury Marquis yesterday. Scissors type, has a 19mm bolt on the drive screw, and a really long 19mm handle/lug wrench. I picked up the Gold Wing and Aero Trikes with it, and fabricated a different non-slip top for it. Weldin' it on tomorrow. Plenty of travel, and lifts pretty quickly.......;)

Sounds like a good idea. I carry plugs & patches. But don't have a socket to fit my lug nuts. First things first! What size socket do the lugs take?

Did you know----my favorite store, Harbor Freight, has an electric (12v) scissor jack in a case ?? Nice up/down switch and long cord. It works great and I can't remember what I paid, but was around 25-30 bucks.
Tomg

There always seems to be some guy that tries to spoil the fun...I guess i will play the role this time. I just pack a canister of fix-a-flat and hope for the best. All my tires are tubeless and if fix-a-flat won't cure it....call the hauler. Not may of us carry spares anyway.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png