New Tri Glide Owner - Minnesota

Ripplingh2o

20+ Posts
Jun 2, 2015
Northern Minnesota
So looking forward to my new (to me) 2014 TriGlide I recently purchased. I've been ridin' motorcycles for close to 40 years (yikes)! Seems age accumulation is beginning to creep up, hence my decision to add a tire to my riding enjoyment.

The last couple of years I've sat atop a Streetglide and before that a Fatboy, then further retreating, a GL650 Silverwing, CX500 (also Honda), lastly a couple Yamaha's, another Honda etc. I retired from a 20 year Army career in 91 and retired a second time slightly over a year ago.

After my civilian retirement, I began looking at the Freewheeler (since the Mrs. can't ride) but then realized that would only leave me wanting more (along the lines of my much enjoyed Streetglide). So the "trigger was pulled" a few days ago and soon I'll be sitting in the garage, puffing away on a stogie, while admiring my new TriGlide. Now this abundance of Minnesota snow and cold needs to disappear quickly.

I look forward to gleaning much knowledge and wisdom from fellow riders of this forum. Thank you for your collective endeavors and triking camaraderie.

Robb, thanks for your service. Welcome from New Mexico. I sure love my 2014 triglide. Weather has been real nice here the past few days, 75* yesterday and is to be in the 80s this week. Be sure to follow and read DK Customs 2014 tri glide thread. Jim

Hey Robb, welcome from Wisconsin and thanks for your service! I feel your pain about the snow, I'm ready for it to go away. Be sure to post some pics of your TG.

Greetings Robb from central Texas! :wave4: you've come to the right place for all of your 3 wheel schooling :cool: folks here are some of the best experts on the subject.

Thanks for the warm welcomes & Service thanks. For us "lifers" as well as all others, serving was/is our honor (to defend & protect). I swell with pride reminiscing over my 20 years. Spent 8 years in Europe, a half dozen in beautiful Arizona, and the remainder here and there.

welcome Robb from East Texas. ho you are in for some fun. I to road many years on 2 wheel. once you are conferrable with 3 wheels, you will wonder why you didn't do it earlier. #1 keep you front wheel in the middle of you lane #2 you are a lot wider then you use to be watch things like pulling in to gas pumps, if you can reach out and touch it you are to close. after a while it will become automatic and then the fun starts for sure. be safe and have fun

Welcome from SW MO by a former Minnesotan. How far north Is North for you? I spent some formative years in Warroad before the family moved about 40 miles south of the Cities when I was 6. Latest I rode when living there was the day after Thanksgiving - once it snowed I put up the bikes due to the caustic stuff on the roads and didn't bring them out until after a good rain after the last snow, which seemed to be around Basketball tournament time. Trail Blazer had a few good tips, a lot more can be found in the experienced riders thread. Lots of good info and tips for new 3 wheel riders: http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/242-Making-The-Switch-Bike-to-Trike-Great-Info!

Welcome from SW MO by a former Minnesotan. How far north Is North for you? I spent some formative years in Warroad before the family moved about 40 miles south of the Cities when I was 6. Latest I rode when living there was the day after Thanksgiving - once it snowed I put up the bikes due to the caustic stuff on the roads and didn't bring them out until after a good rain after the last snow, which seemed to be around Basketball tournament time.
We have a 6 month riding season be it for bikes or sleds. Snow can be gone by mid-April but the salt dust can remain, like you said, until after the first good rain. This season will be especially memorable & exciting. Already have a half dozen planned mods lined up while the snow melts.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png