Where did Your Screen Name come from....

Obviously I have one of those "self-evident" ones...it was actually put on me by Charlie Keller from "Honda Hoot Fame", many years ago...it has become so dominant, even "off-screen" that most Folks know me by it instead of David...Post up Folks.....OK, drives me crazy Stan...explain "Boscoporp".....;):wtg:

Mine is the name of the outfit I was in in Viet Nam. I was a door gunner. Nuf said

Back in the day when Yahoo was the place to be, I communicated online using chat rooms. We had a 97 Harley Ultra Classic and my user name was hogmemberis42, for example as I was 42 years old and a member of HOG (Harley Owners Group).

Every year I would change my user name as my age changed…. Then one year it came to me… somewhere around age 45..I was tired of changing my user name every year… I gave up and said, what the heck, hog member is old, and I wouldn't have to ever change it.

Back when I was part of performance car forums, I went by "gauSSian" since I got started on fbody forums and I had a Camaro SS, and I was the "math geek" of the groups. However, once I got involved in the math help community, I figured my feet weren't quite large enough to fill the shoes of a monumental genius like Karl Gauss, so I changed to "MarkFL" since my middle and last initial are "F" and "L" respectively, and also I live in Florida, so it was a better fit for me...and I have stuck with it ever since. :D

BrokenBackJack came from the many neck and back surgeries that i have had.
Johnny 7 came from when i used to shoot a lot of Craps. Was very "lucky" 3 nights in a row and hence came the nickname of Johnny 7.

Wingdesigner, or Wing, or WD, because every Gold Wing we've ever had, whether two or three wheels, I've "designed" to fit our lifestyles/interests/bodies. Turns out there's some guy in Germany who designs airfoils with the same name. Not related.

My best bud was into MC's and as being wet between the ears, took it for a spin, got throttle freeze and ended up into a fence.

After the repairs, the dumb ass let me try again. Was better, but not good. Shifting was my problem as was chewing gum and walking at the same time!

Told me "1down and 4 up. " (5 speed at the time)

Just somthing that sticks in ya head .

CB=Thumper , Neighbor hood kids= Uncle Frank, Fire House=Bonehead

My best bud was into MC's and as being wet between the ears, took it for a spin, got throttle freeze and ended up into a fence.

After the repairs, the dumb ass let me try again. Was better, but not good. Shifting was my problem as was chewing gum and walking at the same time!

Told me "1down and 4 up. " (5 speed at the time)

Just somthing that sticks in ya head .

CB=Thumper , Neighbor hood kids= Uncle Frank, Fire House=Bonehead

When i was a kid living in Brooklyn. We had a neighborhood guy that every one called Uncle Larry, One day he was arrested for standing in front of the local Parochial school with a sign saying...

Little Girl! can you help me find my lost puppy?....:D

First name (Terry not Terence) followed by the initial of my last name. The 23 is my lucky number! That number has been coming up throughout my life since the day I was born.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png