Where did Your Screen Name come from....

Screen Name

Self-explanatory

old-First bike (BMW) in 1969. Born in the first half of the last century.

retired-Retired in 1991; 27 years ago

af-Flew AC-130 Gunships out of Ubon Thailand. Last aircraft I flew was the F-4G Wild Weasel.

guy-In spite of all the PC left, I'm still a guy.

Thanks

Mike

Don’t know how I missed this thread :Shrug:

Reality it’s Thumper. Being it’s used , I settled on a answer I got some 60yrs ago , as to the question of “ How do you shift this thing”

At the time of 5 speeds it was 1dn4up. Now as time passes by it’s ........

Picked mine up in the Air Force stationed in Korea, involving lots of liquor, ping pong balls and Korean Dancing girls. When the Adams Family movie came out in 92 and Uncle Fester had big, googly eyes, I was tagged...My old Air Force Buddies still call me Fester..

Don’t know how I missed this thread :Shrug:

Reality it’s Thumper. Being it’s used , I settled on a answer I got some 60yrs ago , as to the question of “ How do you shift this thing”

At the time of 5 speeds it was 1dnup. Now as time passes by it’s ........

You’re good...I’m still running 1dn4up!

Screen Name Come From

Many years ago, my Brothers and I sitting around camp fire waiting for evening bow hunt. They pulled out the Red Ryder BB Gun, I didn't miss.

Needed a handle so i picked my newest cycle, later changed it slightly

Back in 1987 i bought my first sport bike. I have always liked the smallest bike's with the most power to own. The bike i bought was a Yamaha SRX-600. loved the bike and still own it today. Changed my handle 3 years later to match a hiperf bore job on the yamaha, thus making my name srx660. As a side note i bought a matching Yamaha SRX-250 10 years ago. These and a 78 SR-500 are my collector bikes.

When my wife and I purchased our New Suzuki Cavalcade in 1986, we prayed for a God-honoring name for it that would prompt questions about the Lord. As we were riding to the dealer to take delivery of the bike, we each indicated we had a name in mind. It was one of those, “Honey, you go first.” “No, you go first, things.”

We simultaneously said, “Gideon”.

Over the years people have asked us about that name. I explain that it gives Kathy and me the opportunity to relate the story of Gideon found in chapters 6 through 8 in the book of Judges. Israel had been under virtual siege by the Midianites for several weary years.

Gideon was threshing wheat, crouching down in a winepress to avoid detection by the enemy when the Lord Himself appeared with a message. “The Lord is with you, mighty warrior.” Some translations put it this way, “The Lord is with you, mighty man of valor.” You can almost visualize Gideon wiping the dusty grain from his face as his head popped up from the winepress. “er, excuse me, were you talking to me?” He had probably been called a lot of things by his friends and family, but never mighty warrior. Then the Lord turned to Gideon and said, “Go in the strength you have and save Israel. I am the One who is sending you.”

Gideon apparently wasn’t aware of any strength. He sputtered and stuttered and reminded the Stranger that he was the weakest member of the weakest clan of the weakest tribe of the weak nation of Israel. This was definitely not a West Point graduate. If God was looking for warrior material, he must have been peering down the wrong winepress.

In the Living Bible paraphrase, Gideon says” I am the least thought of in my entire family”. Motorcyclists, particularly stereotypical bikers, are not always held in high esteem either. Often they can relate to the story of Gideon. We tell them that God loves them, too and they can have a relationship with Him through Jesus Christ.

God definitely called Gideon and He promised to be with Him. The scriptures record the inadequacy and misgivings voiced by those who were called. Jeremiah said, “I cannot speak, for I am a child.” Isaiah said, “I am a man of unclean lips and dwell among a people of unclean lips”. Ananias essentially told the Lord what He was asking was ludicrous. You want me to do what? You are asking me go down to Straight Street to help this fellow Saul who has been persecuting the Christians?

There is a statement that is
often overused, but true nevertheless. “God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.” The Lord promised to be with each of His servants in bible times and He promises to be with each one of us. Just as he told Joshua of old, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed for the Lord they God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”

Gideon, the motorcycle, was converted to a trike in the spring of 2001. Dan Earle from JD’s did the conversion. He was a bit apprehensive because he had never converted a Suzuki Cavalcade. Dan had done many Honda Gold Wings but this was something different. Then he received a call from Larry and Katie McGuire in Florida, the couple who had designed the kit he was going to use. They were traveling to Indiana for a rally and asked if they could stay with him. So the designer actually worked with Dan on Gideon’s conversion. How exciting and beautiful when the Master Designer changes a life!

A Christian artist, Mountainman, from West Virginia came north for the rally and also spent a week at JD’s. He painted a beautiful eagle with the scripture reference Isaiah 40:31 on the gas tank. We asked him to write “Motorcycle and Riders have been converted”on the trunk lid. That prompts some discussions, too.

When we converted our 2003 Honda Valkyrie (Gideon 2) in 2006 we sold Gideon 1, our Suzuki Cavalcade.

As a member of Trike Talk I use Gideon as my Screen Name. :)

LV - Las Vegas. Transplanted Texan

Girl - That'd be me!

Flyer - A hobby of mine is R/C radio controlled aviation. Although I don't fly that much anymore, so I spend more time flying down highways and roads trying to keep up with my husband. (He rides a BMW 1100RT)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png