My Trike is my main Transportation...Any Others ?

skuuter

10000+ Posts
Apr 23, 2010
Estill Springs, Tn, USA
My Trike represents my Daily Transportation, Shopping Vehicle, Weekend Get-away Vehicle and most everything else. Mitzie had me put an "X" on the Calendar every day I didn't ride a Motorcycle (Before discoverin' Real Trikes) in 2009....on Dec 31st, 2009 there were 21 of them. Even my Wife has parked the car 80% of the time since gettin' Her Trike (I'm sure Winter will put a damper on Her new-found enthusiasm...:rolleyes:). Most of my Non-Motorcycle Days were/are due to icy/snow covered roads...triple digits to single digits never stop me, nor rain, etc. Snow may not be as big an issue this comin' Winter with the Trike either, we'll see. How many of You consider Your Trike as Your Primary Vehicle........:wtg:

skuter,
i wish i could say that i had a trike as my main trike, i don't keep one long enough to say it is mine to ride, but i always have a trike aroubd[customers] to ride and do the testing on,
but am glad you have a trike to do your thing on and enjoy the wind in your face,

skuuter, when you get a chance ask our current TOTM -- myth -- about his only choice of transportation year round...... in Jersey, no less!!!! Every time I think about his weather much of the year, I shiver!!!!!

My Trike represents my Daily Transportation, Shopping Vehicle, Weekend Get-away Vehicle and most everything else. Mitzie had me put an "X" on the Calendar every day I didn't ride a Motorcycle [COLOR="Red[B][I]"](Before discoverin' Real Trikes[/I][/B][/COLOR]) in 2009....on Dec 31st, 2009 there were 21 of them. Even my Wife has parked the car 80% of the time since gettin' Her Trike (I'm sure Winter will put a damper on Her new-found enthusiasm...:rolleyes:). Most of my Non-Motorcycle Days were/are due to icy/snow covered roads...triple digits to single digits never stop me, nor rain, etc. Snow may not be as big an issue this comin' Winter with the Trike either, we'll see. How many of You consider Your Trike as Your Primary Vehicle........:wtg:

Not trying to cause any problems but may I ask you what is a "real trike"?

My FLHTC is my daily transportation and will continue to be after the Motor Trike conversion. Summer in Las Vegas or winter it takes me to work everyday. Winter is not as much of a problem here as other places I have lived.

My wife rides her Ninja to work most days as well. We have just one car that sits in the garage most of the time. It’s a ’96 Mustang GT convertible that we take out from time to time.

Nana...I ride with the Blue Knights II out of Jersey City, NJ and we have a Polor Bear Club that Rides Year Round. Snow or Icy conditions are the only conditions that will keep us in the Diner drinking Coffee on a Sunday Mornin'.

Ed

I wish I could count myself in this group. On weekends I pretty much always ride. But those daily work commutes are still predominatly done in the car. Stupid dress code means I dress for the ride, pack work clothes then have to get moving early enough to make it to work & change. And I freely admit, I am not a morning person so the riding/changing clothes thing doesn't happen often. I catch a lot of crap from biggest brother on this since he rides 9-10 monhs a year. He no longer rides in snow & ice.

I can not say that my trike is my main mode of transport, being that I drive a police car most every day. But when I'm not in my green and white I usually am on my trike.

I owned a 1948 Harley 45 Servicar in 1972......."Dismal Experience" to say the least......:laugh:

Those are not "real trikes", for sure, skuuter. Nor are those old Honda 3-wheel ATVs. We used to have 3 of them, and Mike, myself, and the kids tore all over our 65 acres like maniacs.

Ours were flipped (waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy to easily), tossed into trees and fences, and went swimming in the pond --- when piloted by Mike. I'm amazed he is still alive, he wrecked those things so often! The kids were kept on a "short leash" as the only one they were allowed to drive had a speed governor on it. My personal leash was that I didn't like that feeling of the rear wheel lifting, so I'd back off. Besides, I figured the kids needed at least one parent around. :p

There are people who had similar experiences, and who have fear of the "real trikes" as a result. We met a man like that just recently in a gas station. Not sure we ever convinced him of my trike's stability. Well.... maybe when I peeled out of there and shot off down the street and around the corner......... ;)

Those are not "real trikes", for sure, skuuter. Nor are those old Honda 3-wheel ATVs. We used to have 3 of them, and Mike, myself, and the kids tore all over our 65 acres like maniacs.

Ours were flipped (waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy to easily), tossed into trees and fences, and went swimming in the pond --- when piloted by Mike. I'm amazed he is still alive, he wrecked those things so often! The kids were kept on a "short leash" as the only one they were allowed to drive had a speed governor on it. My personal leash was that I didn't like that feeling of the rear wheel lifting, so I'd back off. Besides, I figured the kids needed at least one parent around. :p

There are people who had similar experiences, and who have fear of the "real trikes" as a result. We met a man like that just recently in a gas station. Not sure we ever convinced him of my trike's stability. Well.... maybe when I peeled out of there and shot off down the street and around the corner......... ;)

Ok, thanks, now I know what you mean by "Real Trikes"......:beerchug:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png