shimmy question

took our new (to us) 03 road glide trike for spin today..been way too hot to ride in vegas. seems up to 40 mph everything great..once above that get this slight shimmy (virbration??)..is not a wobbble and feels like its coming thru front tire.other then getting front tire re-balanced (which i plan on doing) is there anything i could check ??(i'm not a "wrench" so please keep it simple)
thanks
peter

Steering head nut and also the balance on the rear tires. Steering head nut should be tighter than stock torque for a 2 wheeler.

Start simple. Check air pressures. Most of us run 40~42 lbs in front, and starting at around 18 in the rear, and on up.

How does the front tire look? Is it wearing true, or uneven? Cupping?

If you go the Re-balance route, ask your Mechanic if they can get a Product called Dyna-Beads...we've used them at our shop for a couple of years and they keep tires perfectly balanced thru the life of the tire. We've even noticed better longevity using Dyna-Beads. It's actually tiny silicone beads that roll inside the tire and maintain perfect balance...(No weights on the outside of your wheels). Good luck with this and keep us informed on how you make out.

Ed

I.E. GOT THE SAME PROBLEM, ONLY STARTED WHEN I PUT ON A MICHELIN PILOT!!
WOULD LIKE TO TRY THE DYNA BEADS BUT HAV'NT BEEN ABLE TO FIND THEM IN VEGAS - any help??
---Roger---

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png