hannigan f6b trike(s)

Jan 25, 2017
Mobile, Al, USA
Who has a Hannigan F6B trike?
i'm considering converting my F6B to either the Hannigan conventional trike or the Hannigan R/T roadster.
would love input from those in the know.

Attachments

• HanniganF6B-23-21.jpg
    HanniganF6B-23-21.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 217
  • hanniganHRT-Front-Right.jpg
    hanniganHRT-Front-Right.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 216
Good morning rudymsmith,

It really boils down to what you are looking for in a trike. A traditional rear wheel trike conversion is going to give you more storage space due to the trunk and plush ride over long distances. Cornering ability and performance is outstanding on a Hannigan conversion and our design is a low maintenance configuration where you can do what you do best, ride. A traditional conversion will also offer more customization options such as auxiliary fuel tank, trailer package etc.

Conversely, a front wheel trike conversion is going to offer a more sporty ride tuned for the energetic adventurous rider in you. Our Roadster conversion features a fully adjustable racing style suspension setup that allows a rider to really push the limits of a three wheeled machine on those twisty roads. The rig begs you to ride it harder and faster (if you want) and always leaves you with a smile. Now there are options available for the Roadster to increase storage via a front trunk upgrade option which, depending on your GL1800 year, will be from 3.5cf to 4.5cf.

As I mentioned earlier it really depends on you the rider. If you are looking for a sporty alternative to a trike then a Roadster is a great option. Both conversions will take you anywhere you want to go on the road and perform incredibly well.

-Jon-Michael

thank you

Good morning rudymsmith,

It really boils down to what you are looking for in a trike. A traditional rear wheel trike conversion is going to give you more storage space due to the trunk and plush ride over long distances. Cornering ability and performance is outstanding on a Hannigan conversion and our design is a low maintenance configuration where you can do what you do best, ride. A traditional conversion will also offer more customization options such as auxiliary fuel tank, trailer package etc.

Conversely, a front wheel trike conversion is going to offer a more sporty ride tuned for the energetic adventurous rider in you. Our Roadster conversion features a fully adjustable racing style suspension setup that allows a rider to really push the limits of a three wheeled machine on those twisty roads. The rig begs you to ride it harder and faster (if you want) and always leaves you with a smile. Now there are options available for the Roadster to increase storage via a front trunk upgrade option which, depending on your GL1800 year, will be from 3.5cf to 4.5cf.

As I mentioned earlier it really depends on you the rider. If you are looking for a sporty alternative to a trike then a Roadster is a great option. Both conversions will take you anywhere you want to go on the road and perform incredibly well.

-Jon-Michael

Jon Michael thank you for the input. I have a 2015 F6B Deluxe model. I have test ridden your R/T on a 2012 full wing and realized quickly that the more you ride an R/T the better you get at it - including understanding it. I have not test ridden a conventional rear wheel conversion.
I'm just having a hard time trying to figure out which configuration is best for me.

I really like the idea of an R/T because it uses 3 car tires! I am wondering which trike requires more maintenance - traditional or R/T?
Will you folks be at Daytona Bike Week this year?
I plan on being there.

Good morning rudymsmith,

-Jon-Michael

Is the Roadster conversion available for a Indian Chieftain/Roadmaster? That's the direction I want to go. My wife already has a Spyder so I know what a reverse trike can do. I'd be embarrassed to have her leave me in the dust in the twisties.:blush:

Reverse trikes require far less maintenance.

With a conventional trike you still have fork tubes and all the associated problems that go with them. A conventional trike has the modified drive-train that also has its' own set of maintenance requirements.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png