BikeMP3 is out of business

Apr 26, 2014
Woodland Park, CO
I had purchased a Bikemp3 player for my GL1800 trike last April. In August I finally filed a warranty claim with BikeMP3 because of a hum due to a bad cable. Every 3 weeks BikeMP3 promised me the new cable with filter for Nav and XM radios would be mailed to me ASAP.
On Jan 18th I got my last email from BikeMP3 promising the new cable would be mailed within the week.
Yesterday I learned that BikeMP3 is now out of business and their website is down. Guess what, no cable has arrived.
What a bummer as the MP3 concept was great. This was the 2nd BikeMP3 player I had owned but with customer service this poor, I guess it is no wonder they went out of business.

Apparently the product is still on the market, guess it comes from China. Pete is probably out of business, the loosey, goosey way he ran his business was no help. I liked Pete, but his PR was atrocious, Nikki was no help. After Pete left the Bartow FL location for Vegas, or wherever, it all started the down hill slide. Nikki tried to keep the place going but no joy there. That's all I have to say on the subject.

Thanks but unfortunately the DMC product from CHina does not work with Wings that have both XM and Navigation. Those bikes need a special filter on the cable between the CD connection and the actual MP3 player.
In my conversations with Nikki I did get the feeling she was pretty frustrated with whoever built the cables (I assume it was Pete). The January email I received promising shipment within a week was from Pete but it ended up going nowhere.

Guess I can stop waiting for the CB they said they'd have soon that would work on an Indian and have full function of all the controls. Got an email stating that filed away somewhere. Dog gone shame. I sorta thought it might be too good to be true but since they did have one for Wings thought they could pull it off. Can't be too disappointed but still, it would have been great for those of us that need to use a CB. So I'm stuck with my J&M sitting out there in public. Works fine but just a bit of an eyesore.:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

Thanks but unfortunately the DMC product from CHina does not work with Wings that have both XM and Navigation. Those bikes need a special filter on the cable between the CD connection and the actual MP3 player.
I though the model I posted a link of worked????
There is a cheaper model listed that states not compatible w/Honda Nav!
Having said that-didn't know it was from China or I would not have posted it. Guess I should have known!

I though the model I posted a link of worked????
There is a cheaper model listed that states not compatible w/Honda Nav!
Having said that-didn't know it was from China or I would not have posted it. Guess I should have known!

I think the hummmmm in my unit generated from the XM radio interface more than the Nav system. Having said that and assuming BikeMP3 cannot take a cable off the shelf then I will settle for the Soundgate IPOD system as that system says it is compatible with Nav and XM radio. Price is very reasonable as long as you have an IPOD that it will work with.
http://wingstuff.com/products/29791-soundgate-ipod-iphone-plug-n-play-interface-for-gl1800

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png