fuel mpg

Has anybody with a 2017 checked there mpg stock and then with a stage 1 ?

Apples to Oranges here... With my 11 Tri-Glide, The MPG was a little better with the Stage 1...If driven the same way...But with almost 8 hundred more rpm's to play with, If you start playing with them, And you will at first' Then the MPG's will be lower...

Reactions: ljk
I have a 2017 thinking about a stage 1 didn't want to mess up the mileage it gets pretty good now around 35. I had a 15 that i did a stage 1 on and the mileage went down don't want to do that again

There are too many Variances in filling a gas tank with exactly the same amount of gas to get a really actuate MPG figure...Example;
6gal 180 miles 30
5.6 180 miles 32
5.3 180 34....
The only way to tell is run completely dry, Then put in a known 5 gal then run it dry ...

I keep a mileage log on all my cars and bikes. Have for 50 years since leaving the Marines where I had to do that with my radio jeep. Divide the miles (trip milage) by the amount of gas you put in. Gives pretty fare figures. May vary by 1 or 2 mpg. Close enough for government work. :)

There are too many Variances in filling a gas tank with exactly the same amount of gas to get a really actuate MPG figure...Example;
6gal 180 miles 30
5.6 180 miles 32
5.3 180 34....
The only way to tell is run completely dry, Then put in a known 5 gal then run it dry ...

True that. Which is why I use the Power Vision for MPG. The computer knows how much fuel was actually used (regardless of how full the tank was/is), it also knows how many miles were traveled...from there it is an easy calculation for it to spit out the MPG.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png