Stock GL 1800 rear shock

Sep 9, 2012
Cedar City, Utah, USA
I'm looking for a stock late model rear shock for a goldwing. I'm thinking of putting one on my Road Star so I can add the flexibility of an air shock to it. I need to raise the rear end a bit.
Can anyone out there help me out?
Thanks
Kent

I see some guys are putting them on Road Stars. I don't know a great deal about them as my trike didn't come with one.
So tell me this on the preload is hydraulic pressure pumped into them and if so where does that hydraulic pressure/fluid come from?
Does the preload take place within the shock itself?
Would a GL shock get me results in raising the rear end of my R*?

I see some guys are putting them on Road Stars. I don't know a great deal about them as my trike didn't come with one.
So tell me this on the preload is hydraulic pressure pumped into them and if so where does that hydraulic pressure/fluid come from?

I can't tell you how to mount onto your Roadstar or if it would help much but I believe it would do what you are wanting. Problem is there is a lot of external things happening. Here is a link to a process that corrects the typical low fluid condition. It will give you a pretty good idea what goes on. Lots of Luck!! :xszpv: :xszpv:

http://goldwing.eurekaboy.com/reservoirfill.htm

I'm looking for a stock late model rear shock for a goldwing. I'm thinking of putting one on my Road Star so I can add the flexibility of an air shock to it. I need to raise the rear end a bit.
Thanks
Kent

You might look here. It's a rear GL1800 air-shock kit that includes the air-pump, and switch. It's not been out long, so finding feedback on it might be challenging.

http://www.arnottcycles.com/suspensions/honda/gold-wing.html

It adjusts the preload on the shocks external spring. Come from a pump, through a hose mounted along side the shock.

If it comes off of a triked out Goldwing, I have one...
I have a 2010 wing ...Like I said if this is a take off part from a trike conversion... I have it...
Not sure what actually comes off a conversion to turn it into a trike, i have a box full of stuff that was giving back to me last week..(all in perfect condition)

Ronnie

Thanks

Kent

Kent,

I have one from a 2004 with ~28K miles. You can have it for the shipping cost. Send me a PM and we can get it going.

Don

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png