J&M passenger controller

Jul 13, 2015
Murray,KY,USA
I recently attached a J & M passenger controller to my 2012 Goldwing w/ Hannigan conversion. Every time my wife or I key up the CB it squeals so loud we can't stand it. We can talk to each other find just not the CB.

Anyone else have this issue? If so, how can I fix it?

You are getting RF feedback into the audio. That is tough to troubleshoot remotely. If you are using hard wired headsets you can put RF chokes on each end of the wires which should help. Google RF chokes and you will get a few suppliers.

If you are using Bluetooth, I don't know. We didn't have that back in my CB days.

Mine did that right after a real hard rain storm. Replaced the controller and all is well..

I called J&M and Overby Two Sound. Robert Overby let me take a new J&M passenger controls home to see if that would fix it. After trying the new one and the old one a couple of times. I discovered it was in the wife's cord from the helmet to the bike. There was a short in the mic system in the cord. It would work sometimes and not others. It was shorting out the complete system causing the issue in both head sets.

Thank you all for the help.

I called J&M and Overby Two Sound. Robert Overby let me take a new J&M passenger controls home to see if that would fix it. After trying the new one and the old one a couple of times. I discovered it was in the wife's cord from the helmet to the bike. There was a short in the mic system in the cord. It would work sometimes and not others. It was shorting out the complete system causing the issue in both head sets.

Thank you all for the help.

Robert is one heck of a nice guy isn't he Jimmie!!! I've known him maybe 15 or so years now. He's also one very smart motorcycle audio guru!! :D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png