Does anyone have an EML fork rake kit/trail reducer on their Harley?

Feb 11, 2013
Rochester, MI, USA
Does anyone have an EML fork rake kit/trail reducer on their Harley?

I am looking for feedback on the performance, installation and quality of EML rake kits. I have a 1993 Harley Tour Glide with a sidecar and looking for some input before I buy one. Thanks

I am looking for feedback on the performance, installation and quality of EML rake kits. I have a 1993 Harley Tour Glide with a sidecar and looking for some input before I buy one. Thanks

PM Papa Zook head man here. He sells rake kits and will also give you good advice. Very knowledgeable about trikes and rake kits.

Thanks for PMing the ELM link davet2, I checked out their site. I have no experience with the ELM trail reducer and as you mentioned in your PM, its actually not a rake kit. But it does reduce the trail by moving the axle and wheel/tire forward. What do they cost shipped from the Netherlands? You might come out better buying a rake kit stateside. PM me if you are interested and I'll shoot you a quote.

last i knew they were in the 1800-2000 dollar range + shipping about the same as the unit front end

that was a while ago

i used to swear by a leading link.. anti dive front end.. rock solid as in no flex in the tubes

we were making them for a while but didnt advertise enough to make a bunch at a time and my cost was about 1400

then we tried a raked tree.... havent made a leading link since..

stacebg, thanks for the reply but the EML parts I am asking about is not a leading link fork. It is a trail reducer which moves the axle forward and relocates the brake calipers and fender. I probably should have included a picture in my first post.

Attachments

• EML trail reducer.jpg
    EML trail reducer.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 93

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png