wheel Traction and tire replacement

Mar 7, 2017
Bournville, OH, USA
From watching YouTube I see more than just a few spinning there back tires, what kind of traction can I expect with Frankenstein trike conversion?

Should I go with larger tire size (Wider) Am I going to be playing slippery when wet, Will I need to replace tires more than once a season ?

Thanks for any replies ahead of time

Hank

From watching YouTube I see more than just a few spinning there back tires, what kind of traction can I expect with Frankenstein trike conversion?

Should I go with larger tire size (Wider) Am I going to be playing slippery when wet, Will I need to replace tires more than once a season ?

Hank

You are seeing people trying to burn up the tires...Also the wider the tire the more flotation your going to get...Be it a car 'trike 'or truck..And about replacing tires more than once a season... Depends on how many miles you do in a season.. 45/50 K a season yes you will need tires. 5/10 K No....

Unless your building a hot rod spinning your back tires shouldn't be a big problem, Frankenstein like other kits come with the right size tires.

Once in a while I get surprised when turning a sharp corner on take off but tire spin is short lived, Besides I cant afford to beat up my scooter by placing such stress on components.

Wide tires look cool but may actually cause you to loose traction in certain situations because the tend to float, especially in a corner where there is sand, water puddles etc. on the road?

Trike tires are deliberately run at a lower inflation rate than you would run that tire on a car, It is actually part of your suspension. Running a tire at full inflation will be a real stiff ride kinda like a ridged frame chopper.

Watch for cupping on the tire, invest in a tread gauge and trust in the folks that designed your kit.

8261.jpg

frankenstein

Hank

have 30,000 on my frankenstein kit and have hardly worn the tires- 24 pounds of air

traction on road gravel and sand?

Unless your building a hot rod spinning your back tires shouldn't be a big problem, Frankenstein like other kits come with the right size tires.

Once in a while I get surprised when turning a sharp corner on take off but tire spin is short lived, Besides I cant afford to beat up my scooter by placing such stress on components.

Wide tires look cool but may actually cause you to loose traction in certain situations because the tend to float, especially in a corner where there is sand, water puddles etc. on the road?

Trike tires are deliberately run at a lower inflation rate than you would run that tire on a car, It is actually part of your suspension. Running a tire at full inflation will be a real stiff ride kinda like a ridged frame chopper.

Watch for cupping on the tire, invest in a tread gauge and trust in the folks that designed your kit.

View attachment 43481

I have always had great worries while ride on 2 wheels about sand and gravel in a curve, I laid a bike down back when I was a young man going around a curve, it was in the shadows going into the curve, front tire went out from under me, I didn't have clue how to stay upright, now days I watch for sand and gravel when I am on curvy roads, I still cant see anything when riding into a shadow from facing full sun. How much does having 3 wheels on ground help, I know common sense is a bog factor also, so I wont be racing thru any curves ( I don't think)

Trike

I have always had great worries while ride on 2 wheels about sand and gravel in a curve, I laid a bike down back when I was a young man going around a curve, it was in the shadows going into the curve, front tire went out from under me, I didn't have clue how to stay upright, now days I watch for sand and gravel when I am on curvy roads, I still cant see anything when riding into a shadow from facing full sun. How much does having 3 wheels on ground help, I know common sense is a bog factor also, so I wont be racing thru any curves ( I don't think)

In my opinion. Riding a trike is the best experience you will ever have. Sand gravel ext. in corners mean nothing. Driving in heavy traffic is all of a sudden fun as you can zip througH it witHout the fear of sliding out on somethIng on the road. Your passenger will feel safer. Just too much fun to keep listing

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png