Parking brake

The parking brake is a great idea but I just wish I could remember to unset it. I'll bet someone could come up with a switch and light to remind guys like us that it's on. My truck does. I carry two small 2x4 blocks I cut with me to chock the rear tires when I'm concerned that it might roll.

The Eurowing kit uses a separate cable operated caliper for the parking brake on each rear rotor. They mount(relocate) the side stand switch to the parking brake lever so the sidestand light comes on on the dash when the parking brake is engaged. The light being on is a helpful reminder to release the parking brake before you drive off.

IMO, the guys who say the parking brake isn't needed don't live where you need them. Two of the responders who said such live in Florida where the biggest hill is a bridge.:D

Live and ride in Arkansas or Colorado type states and you will understand how handy it is to have plus added a great deal more safety than wheel chocks, bungees around front brake, etc.

P.S. If you put the brake full on you will not go far if you try to drive away! I will agree that a reminder light would be nice. I've just been too lazy to add one.

So bottom line, I would not go for that option, there are better ways to keep the machine from rolling away.

I agree ... put in 1st gear, turn ignition off, let clutch out and allow the trike to roll till is stops rolling, and then get off.

Pull brake, insert wedge, bike will stay put while warming up in front of room or in driveway .... mount up, squeeze brake, wedge drops, ready to ride.

Attachments

• A park brake 2 (640x458).jpg
    A park brake 2 (640x458).jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 163
  • A park brake 1 (640x439).jpg
    A park brake 1 (640x439).jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 156
Brethren,

I have a parking brake on my Roadsmith 1500 & never had a problem riding off with it engaged. You'll know right away its on, when you go to shift from 1st to 2nd gear & have a notcicable loss in speed.

I also purchased a couple of collapsible steel wheel chocks from Harbor Freight that fold down to the size of a deck of playing cards for the unavoidable steep inclines

:)

What did you use for a wedge?

Can you take a close up picture of it?

What are the dimensions of it?

Thanks!

P-Brk%202017%20%202_zpsiywaqtce.jpg

P-Brk%202017%20%201_zpshzdpgrdx.jpg

Works very well. I have even used it for longer than a few minutes like where parked on grade in gear. It doesn't needa hard squeeze on the lever to stop a roll away ... as you know from just using the frt brake to hold still at a light. Usually I use it when warming up and there's a grade of any sort, like the parking lot at Park Vista Motel on the Blue Ridge Parkway .... or my back yard outside the basement. Not a steep grade but just enough that there is a tendency for the trike to move if not held stopped.

Also it let's me set the brake to check all my brake lights.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png