Front tire wear

Both front tires on my 2015 ST are wearing with a feathering or cupping on the inside third of the tire. I seem to recall from my 'old days' in autos that this is caused by excessive toe in or toe out. But, my memory is only working half way. Any one got any ideas or experienced this on your Can Am?

Both front tires on my 2015 ST are wearing with a feathering or cupping on the inside third of the tire. I seem to recall from my 'old days' in autos that this is caused by excessive toe in or toe out. But, my memory is only working half way. Any one got any ideas or experienced this on your Can Am?

The alinement on the Spyder is tricky, And has to be laser aligned, If you can find a Can Am dealer that knows how, or even has the equipment to do it..:Shrug:

I had to up the air pressure to 23 lbs or so. Thought I would have to replace them st 7500 miles or so but I'm at 12,500 now and they have a lot more left. They were both wearing the same. heel & toe wear. No bouncing or shaking so I am going to run them out..

The front tires on the Can Am Spyder,if properly aligned will last to about 20,000 miles,the rear not so much more like 10-12,000. I don't know who you have up in Maine but find someone who can do a Laser Alignment. Most dealers don't know what you are talking about and few have the equipment or training to do it. The standard BRP assembly alignment is not very accurate. Google Squared Away,they are in Las Vegas NV,and maybe they can tell you who is up in your area. I had them do mine and it really made a difference in how mine handled.

:Agree: And as others have said alignment is a must that should take care of cupping. Make sure also bearings on the hubs are good and bushings for the suspension.

Front tires

This is a very common problem with the factory kenda tires, laser alignment helps but these tires are crap, most everyone has went to a car tire to get a lot more mileage and better handling. I am using Federal Evo 595 in stock size 165/55/15 and the difference is huge. The Federal Formoza AD1 are even better but can be hard to find at times. You do not have to run as much air in these, I run 17psi and with the bajaron sway bar and squared away laser alignment it handles well. On the rear I run a General Altimax RT43 215/65/15 at 23psi. My rear kenda was worn out at 9,000 and the General has 11,000 and looks like new.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png