1911 or Glock

all semi auto pistols are related to the 1911, they may not all look alike but the 1911 started it all,

I love the 1911, it is one of my favorite carry weapons if it is built correctly they are reliable if just thrown to gether they are not, the only thing i dont like about the 1911 is weight,

a glock is not a bad weapon and is much lighter than most 1911's

at present time both me and wife carry duty 07 CZ pistols -.40S&W I use alien gear IWB holster along with their belt I can carry all day and night without being uncomfurtable. and I trust the CZ , never without it...NEVER

I've owned both (my 1911 was a Kimber Super Carry Pro), and truthfully I prefer carrying a Glock. Why? Because the Kimber is just too pretty, and I couldn't stand the thought of it getting marked up during daily carry.

I'll never own a handgun that I won't use as daily carry. To me, it would be like owning a motorcycle that I would only ride on special occasions.

I own both. Without a doubt, the 1911 feels more substantial, heavier, and sturdier. You can't beat metal frames. Plus, the 1911 just has a "coolness" about it, IMHO.

Watched a movie where the good guy pistol whipped the bad guy in a fight with his 1911. My first thought was: "Ha, Try that with a Glock!". Yeah, I know, not it's intended use. Still....

BUT, I do like the Glock for it's simplicity of design and ease to work on. I especially like being able to easily work on it to tweek it. I admit, I tend to like to tinker on things to "improve" them.

One of the most accurate handguns I have is a G19. Bought it used. I would never carry it cuz I put a 3.5# trigger on it and I don't want to "goober it up" carrying it. The next one I like is a Springfield Armory long slide 1911, it is also very accurate and fulfills my "cool" factor. 3rd most accurate is an EAA .45 compact with metal frame.

Due to weight, I'd probably carry a Glock or an XD over a 1911.

Just my opinions. I like them all for different reasons. YMMV

( Then again, there's my Ruger Bisley Blackhawk in 45LC/45ACP.....ThumbUp )

glock_poster_perfectshape2.JPG

CZGirla.jpg

:cool:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png