A Day in the Life...

Also, played around with this "self-healing" target for the first time. (Mary got it for me for Christmas).

Self%20Healing%20Target.jpg

Does not appear to be healing too well. Will look at it tomorrow.

Kevin

Looks like you killed it. What was you shooting at it? Looks like a B-B gun in some places so maybe it has healed some. Might try getting it warmer. Sometimes plastic responds to heat in a positive manner. Not sure what that material is though.

Looks like you killed it. What was you shooting at it? Looks like a B-B gun in some places so maybe it has healed some. Might try getting it warmer. Sometimes plastic responds to heat in a positive manner. Not sure what that material is though.

The few big ones are .45 ACP, the few tiny ones are .380 ACP, most of them are .40 S&W.

They are definitely smaller, I guess I was just expecting them to fully close back up.

Kevin

The entry holes did not get any smaller...and even though they did not "heal" completely, they did ok.

Here is a photo from the exit side. Some are completely closed up....

Back%20target.jpg

...even the ones that aren't, are a small fraction the size of what went thru it. .45 ACP next to the hole that was left from same.

Back%20Target%20Compare%2045.jpg

Really a pretty amazing little target (9" diameter). I guess I was expecting it to fully close back up. But I'm happy...we'll see how many thousand rounds I can put thru it before it is gone. :)

Kevin

Based on what I'm seeing I'd bet a .22 would close up completely then.:Shrug:

Yes, I think so too...will try that out. But as you can see, the .380 almost completely closed up.

btw, all these rounds were FMJ. Dunno what a hollow point would do.

Also, will be interesting to see what a rifle cartridge will do. Literature says it will take up to a 50 cal., and that it's good for thousands of rounds.

Kevin

Someone brought up something about bikes in the house....

Here are a few pics from 9-10 years ago when I did a burn-out in the kitchen for a picture challenge game-

kitchenburnout.jpg

Burnt up the plywood a bit. lol

kitchenburnout2.jpg

I didn't mess up the kitchen floor. Laid some carpet down, then a piece of plywood.

Backing out afterwards.

BackingOut.jpg

:) No, I feel no need, whatsoever, to "grow up". lol

Kevin

My wife and I got out on the trike today for the first time this year. It wasn't very warm but it sure felt good after a long winter.:pepper: Tonight the weather is turning crummy again for a few days.:Crap:

Been%20a%20year.jpg

It's been a year since I started this thread.

I've posted in it most everyday for the last 365 days, and it's been an interesting experiment.

I've seen a bunch of great posts from others, and hope to continue seeing interesting stuff!

On a going forward basis I will continue posting periodically, but it is no longer going to be a part of my daily schedule.

btw, it was far warmer last year this time when I first started posting.

Die%20winter%20Die.jpg

Kevin

Running back roads of Mississippi inevitably leads to a lot of encounters with snakes....except during the winter.

Yesterday, was the first snake for 2018...just a little baby one.

Hitting them going straight is no big deal....don't want to be leaned over in a curve and run one over. :xzqxz:

Of course, that is one of the benefits of a Trike...no concerns there! :clapping:

First%20Snake%202018.jpg

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png