A Day in the Life...

Running back roads of Mississippi inevitably leads to a lot of encounters with snakes....except during the winter.

Yesterday, was the first snake for 2018...just a little baby one.

Hitting them going straight is no big deal....don't want to be leaned over in a curve and run one over. :xzqxz:

Of course, that is one of the benefits of a Trike...no concerns there! :clapping:

First%20Snake%202018.jpg

Kevin

It's really not a problem running over one in corners as long as you keep your cool. Just don't try to correct suddenly. The snake will only roll a little bit and you'll be on your way. Problem is people hit the panic button and try to correct for something that doesn't need correcting. That is unless you are riding with a very light grip. Then you might get the bar jerked out of your hands. With traffic now I ride with such a tight grip that I have to tell myself to relax.

It's really not a problem running over one in corners as long as you keep your cool. Just don't try to correct suddenly. The snake will only roll a little bit and you'll be on your way. Problem is people hit the panic button and try to correct for something that doesn't need correcting. That is unless you are riding with a very light grip. Then you might get the bar jerked out of your hands. With traffic now I ride with such a tight grip that I have to tell myself to relax.

Sounds like the voice of experience! :)

I have a friend that, many years ago, was leaned way over in a curve when he hit a squirrel with his front tire. Blood and guts got squished out of the squirrel, then when his back tire hit the slimy stuff, it lost traction and he low-sided. He broke a lot of bones and was laid up in bed for over 6 months.

This is what I think about when going into a corner leaned way over and see a critter.

I still love riding on two wheels, but am more careful than ever about it...and every now and then, I even think about riding JUST the Tri-Glide. :xzqxz:

Kevin

After my wreck in 2012, yes in a corner but no critter involved, I just don't go into them nearly as fast as I used to. It's amazing what pain can do to make you listen to that little voice telling you to slow down. Mine was do to a nasty bump with a wet surface that simply upset the bike. Wish I could remember all the details but this is the best I can figure out. That same corner without rain will nearly kick the rear tire out if going too fast to this day. Nasty little corner. So yes, I completely understand the squirrel issue. My wife Spyder looks inviting some days for sure. Especially days I know I'll be on that one particular road. Matter of fact ANY trike is looking good anymore. I just don't ride like I used to. I got back on the horse but that's about all. That thing called money is what keeps getting in my way plus refusal to have anything less than what I have now. I'll get there if it kills me though. Pun intended.:laugh::D:):p

After my wreck in 2012, yes in a corner but no critter involved, I just don't go into them nearly as fast as I used to. It's amazing what pain can do to make you listen to that little voice telling you to slow down. Mine was do to a nasty bump with a wet surface that simply upset the bike. Wish I could remember all the details but this is the best I can figure out. That same corner without rain will nearly kick the rear tire out if going too fast to this day. Nasty little corner. So yes, I completely understand the squirrel issue. My wife Spyder looks inviting some days for sure. Especially days I know I'll be on that one particular road. Matter of fact ANY trike is looking good anymore. I just don't ride like I used to. I got back on the horse but that's about all. That thing called money is what keeps getting in my way plus refusal to have anything less than what I have now. I'll get there if it kills me though. Pun intended.:laugh::D:):p

Yeah, I listen to that little voice more than I used to. :) That does Not sound like a fun corner!

Riding 2 wheels and 3 wheels, about the same number of miles each year...the thing I've observed, is that other folks on the road are much more aware of Trikes than 2 wheelers. Quite aside from being more stable, that is a huge safety benefit.

Kevin

Been wanting to do this for a while.

Having worn my floorboards down to almost a nub...

Softail%20FB%20Scrape%202.jpg

....I procured some Titanium Dragger/floorboard/footpeg feelers...

Titanium%20Peg%20Feelers.jpg

Got them installed on the Softy today...

Feeler%20Installed%202.jpg

...It's gonna be in the 20's tonite, but within a few days it will warm up enough for my old bones to get out and make some sparks! :)

I was able to drill a hole and install them without having to removing the rubber insert.

Feeler%20Installed%203.jpg

Kevin

Been wanting to do this for a while.

Having worn my floorboards down to almost a nub...

Softail%20FB%20Scrape%202.jpg

....I procured some Titanium Dragger/floorboard/footpeg feelers...

Titanium%20Peg%20Feelers.jpg

Got them installed on the Softy today...

Feeler%20Installed%202.jpg

...It's gonna be in the 20's tonite, but within a few days it will warm up enough for my old bones to get out and make some sparks! :)

I was able to drill a hole and install them without having to removing the rubber insert.

Feeler%20Installed%203.jpg

Kevin
looking good those will be like welding flash wear eye protection

Sounds like the voice of experience! :)

I have a friend that, many years ago, was leaned way over in a curve when he hit a squirrel with his front tire. Blood and guts got squished out of the squirrel, then when his back tire hit the slimy stuff, it lost traction and he low-sided. He broke a lot of bones and was laid up in bed for over 6 months.

This is what I think about when going into a corner leaned way over and see a critter.

I still love riding on two wheels, but am more careful than ever about it...and every now and then, I even think about riding JUST the Tri-Glide. :xzqxz:

Kevin

I dropped my Cb750, Coming out of the Lincoln Tunnel from Manhattan on the cork screw [Helix] I was in a heavy lean, And hit a path of Diesel fuel Low sided and smashed my left elbow..And i'm a southpaw...Anyway that was in the 70's and still to this day when ever i lean left, Be it on a bike trike or atv...That elbow sends me a message , Careful Bob slow down.....:(

We are slowly but surely getting the hang of using the new machine.

We've only designed one new product so far, but we are working at starting to do work that we previously paid others to do for us.

TP Relo that....

TP%20before%20After.jpg

...still needs to be tumbled and then powder coated.

In process of being cut...

TP%20Bracket%20being%20cut.jpg

...and finished cutting.

TP%20Bracket%20cut.jpg

Kevin

We are slowly but surely getting the hang of using the new machine.

We've only designed one new product so far, but we are working at starting to do work that we previously paid others to do for us.

TP Relo that....

TP%20before%20After.jpg

...still needs to be tumbled and then powder coated.

In process of being cut...

TP%20Bracket%20being%20cut.jpg

...and finished cutting.

TP%20Bracket%20cut.jpg

Kevin
I understand being cost effective but please don't forget those who help getting DK Customs off ground just sayin... Fred

I understand being cost effective but please don't forget those who help getting DK Customs off ground just sayin... Fred

NEVER!

DK Custom Started with 3 fundamentals, and those fundamentals are still the daily emphasis, and reviewed at every monthly DK Team Meeting.

1. Manufacture Quality, High Impact Product

2. Fast, Accurate shipping

3. Provide Superior Customer Service

We will not veer away from that. The CNC machine is simply a tool to help us do #1 above even better.

We are grateful and appreciative of every person that chooses to use a DK Custom Products part, and we operate with that in the forefront of our thoughts and decisions.

Kevin

A week ago I installed these, and have been riding with them this last week.

Just took a couple of photos of the Titanium draggers....been making some great sparks (gonna get a photo soon of them :) ).

They are wearing nicely, no catching, they just push the floorboards up, same as if you were dragging the actual floorboard.

Titanium%20Draggers%20a.jpg

Titanium%20Draggers%20b.jpg

Kevin

Bike Night on Beale Street started back up last week. First one of 2018!

Weather was perfect. High 70's-Low 80's on the way up.

We got there "Early"...a bit before 6:30 and it was already packed!

Mary at the bike that I squeezed in between a couple of others.

Beale%204-18%201.jpg

Looking up the west end of the street...

Beale%204-18%202.jpg

...already mostly filled up.

Beale%204-18%203.jpg

Looking down the east end of the street...

Beale%204-18%204.jpg

...it's a traffic jam. :)

Beale%204-18%205.jpg

George, Mary, Peter & Jerry at our table at the Rum Boogie. Great time with friends.

Beale%204-18%206.jpg

Went for a little walk, checking out bikes...

Beale%204-18%208.jpg

...this side-car Sporty caught my eye...

Beale%204-18%209.jpg

...as did this old Indian.

Beale%204-18%2010.jpg

We had a great ride home...50 miles, 65* and very little traffic.

Looking forward to a great 2018!

Kevin

Great pics Kevin, is the Rum Boogie where you took us last year to see the inside and have you made it back to "South of Beale" where we had those great burgers?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png