A Day in the Life...

Bike Night on Beale Street

Bike Night on Beale Street...is this a one time event or a monthly event? Sure seems crowded for a monthly event. If monthly, does it get worse or calm down some?:confused::Shrug:

Bike Night on Beale Street...is this a one time event or a monthly event? Sure seems crowded for a monthly event. If monthly, does it get worse or calm down some?:confused::Shrug:

It's a weekly event - every Wednesday night from April 18 through September 26 this year. I haven't been going nearly as often as Kevin but I will say that last week was exceptionally crowded. It was the first of the season and the crazy cold weather we've been having (and continue to have off and on) had turned at least for that evening. It looked like Main Street in Sturgis. It was absolutely packed.

We joked that in July and August when it's 90+ degrees it won't be nearly as crowded, lol.

It's a weekly event - every Wednesday night from April 18 through September 26 this year. I haven't been going nearly as often as Kevin but I will say that last week was exceptionally crowded. It was the first of the season and the crazy cold weather we've been having (and continue to have off and on) had turned at least for that evening. It looked like Main Street in Sturgis. It was absolutely packed.

We joked that in July and August when it's 90+ degrees it won't be nearly as crowded, lol.

I like riding in Texas when it's 100º for the same reason. Everyone stays in their air conditioned homes. And a cold beer tastes so much better at the end of a ride too.

Great pics Kevin, is the Rum Boogie where you took us last year to see the inside and have you made it back to "South of Beale" where we had those great burgers?

Yes, the Rum Boogie Cafe is where we walked around inside, looking at all the guitars. No, we've not been back to SOB. Passed it a few times and remembered your visit though! :)

Like ultrafxr said, it is weekly. Even on a slow night there will be in excess of 1000 bikes.

Always a nice break in the middle of the week...cept like today, due to be 100% chance of rain and high 50's, so we're not going tonight.

Mary and I like to get an outside table at the Rum Boogie, and watch/listen to all the bikes ride by...plus all the folks walking by. In addition to the bikers, there are usually a few thousand tourists checking out Beale Street and all the bikes.

Kevin

Worked and Rode :) all day yesterday, worked most of today.

This afternoon I sat down beside the Sporty to do some wiring work on some stuff I'm experimenting with...

Wiring.jpg

...after a minute I said to myself, nope, gonna relax the rest of the afternoon.

:)

I'll do it one day next week. :icon_dance-twist:

Well today I sat down for 4.5 hours and pounded out most of the new wiring.

Back in 2012 I cut out a bunch of the factory harness and wired up the bike for non-led brakes and signals.

I am switching all four corners to LED, so I've taken this opportunity to tear out what I did back in 2012 and start from scratch.

It all worked great from 2012 to current, but it was not compatible with going All LED.

Got most everything done, all lights are working, all wiring is done. Tomorrow I will finish hiding all the wiring and put my spring solo seat back on. :)

Kevin

Keven. I just spent the last several hours looking at your travel to Mississippi to Alaska & back. 2013-2014. Wow. I felt like I was on Vacation. Truly amazing trip. Great pic's and gorgeous scenery. We went though Bear tooth pass and Cook City a few years back. Wife thought I was sleeping, but I was passed out due to 11000 FT. elevation. Just kidding of course. Beautiful country. We go to the Sturgis Rally every year since 1999. Spearfish Canyon is one of our fav's. Thanks for posting and sharing your trip. Enjoyed it very much. Jerry (520fd)

Keven. I just spent the last several hours looking at your travel to Mississippi to Alaska & back. 2013-2014. Wow. I felt like I was on Vacation. Truly amazing trip. Great pic's and gorgeous scenery. We went though Bear tooth pass and Cook City a few years back. Wife thought I was sleeping, but I was passed out due to 11000 FT. elevation. Just kidding of course. Beautiful country. We go to the Sturgis Rally every year since 1999. Spearfish Canyon is one of our fav's. Thanks for posting and sharing your trip. Enjoyed it very much. Jerry (520fd)

Very cool. Glad you enjoyed...there are several more Ride Reports if you need more vacation time. :laugh:

Yeah, Spearfish Canyon is a great road and very scenic.

Kevin

Another night on Beale Street!

We got there early, and there was a pretty good crowd already.

Beale%205-2-18%201.jpg

Looking the other direction-not as busy as a couple of weeks ago, but still thousands of bikes passed by over the course of the evening. :)

Beale%205-2-18%202.jpg

A pic as the sun was setting.

Beale%205-2-18%203.jpg

This is "Harley" and his keeper. We see him pretty regularly down here for the last few years.

Beale%205-2-18%204.jpg

Had to get a pic of this radically modified Honda.

Beale%205-2-18%205.jpg

There is always a group of Vespa's that park together....and usually leave together. This one left on it's own tonight.

Beale%205-2-18%208.jpg

At 8:30 pm bikes were still pouring in, looking for a place to park.

Beale%205-2-18%207.jpg

As we were leaving, saw this bike....This is how it all started, over a century ago.

Beale%205-2-18%209.jpg

Had a great ride home. We were wearing our mesh jackets, and at 75* at 9:30 pm, it was a perfect 50 mile ride!

Kevin

Thank you.

Yeah, found out earlier this morning it is not a "radically modified" Honda...shows you what I know (or don't know) about Honda's. :laugh:

Kevin

I thought it was a Rune. There was one on display in the 'Art of the Motorcycle' exhibit that was here several years ago. Don't know that I've ever seen one on the road.

I think they only made it a year or two and considering it replaced the Valkyrie I don't think it sold well.At least thats my guess and someone may pop in here with facts.

Well the rush is over. We got to the 4th week of Bike Night on Beale Street, and it was not packed out early like it was the first few weeks.

Beale%205918%201.jpg

Very few bikes at 6:30.

Beale%205918%202.jpg

Mary and I snagged a good table, and enjoyed some great food and music, while watching the bikes ride by and the tourists walk by. (next photo taken while sitting at our table)

Beale%205918%203.jpg

A bit later on it was filling up with more bikes...

Beale%205918%204.jpg

...we left a bit early, around 8:30 and it was getting even busier.

Beale%205918%205.jpg

Usually when we leave we see a dozen or so other bikes leaving around the same time and maybe a dozen or so heading toward Beale Street. Last night as we were leaving, within the first mile, we saw at least 100 bikes heading toward Beale.

We had a great ride home, enjoying the high 70 temps.

Kevin

Today is the second day this year that we went over 90*...and I had a ton of stuff to do outside....

Had a couple of burn piles going.

Burn.jpg

Then had to finish putting up some splash guards and gutters. No pics. Boring, hot, miserable work. lol

Next up was getting a little more done on the Trike, in anticipation of our upcoming 40+ day ride around the USA. Link HERE.

Got the front wheel back on. The nut between the pad is in case someone accidentally hits the brakes while caliper is off the rotor.

Caliper.jpg

Avon Trike Specific front tire on now...will give it a spin tomorrow.

Tire.jpg

Next up was a little attention to the Tour-Pak...

The TG is still under warranty, but I go so far over (like 2-3x over) the weight limit, it does not seem right to do a warranty claim.

TP%201.jpg

The rear hinge was on it's last leg...very loose. No way did I want it failing and ending up ruining the Tour-Pak.

TP%202.jpg

Replaced it with a new one, and everything is back tight now. :)

TP%203.jpg

Kevin

Last week we got to Beale Street a bit early...

Wow%20First%20there.jpg

...No Other bikes were there!* We checked out the weather and there was a 50% chance of thunderstorms, but we could not believe that at 5:30 there was no one else there.* Crazy.

After a while some bikes and trikes started showing up.

Starting.jpg

A couple of home-built trikes...

Couple%20of%20home%20built.jpg

...and another look.

Home%20built.jpg

Across from where we were enjoying our meal, Channel 24 was doing an interview...probably something to do with Memphis in May.* They picked the slowest Bike Night we've seen in over 15 years to be there.* lol

Channel%2024.jpg

A few more bikes kept straggling in....

Filling%20up%20a%20bit.jpg

This is what it looked like, hardly any bikes or tourists, at 7:45 when we decide to head on back home.

Before%20leaving.jpg

That was our last bike night on Beale Street until sometime in July.* This Wednesday we head out on our 40+ day Road Trip.* I'll be posting photo's as we go in the Ride Report at this link-

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/thr...-the-Best-Scenic-Roads-Out-West-Tons-of-Photo

Kevin

Yesterday was cold on the ride in to the shop in my mesh jacket with a long sleeve shirt.

This morning was even colder at 60*. So wore my leather jacket for the first time this fall.

Leather%209-11-18.jpg

​​​​​​​Probably will have many more warm days before it turns cold for a few months...but it is beginning.

Kevin

Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biker Grandma

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biker Grandma
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png