A Day in the Life...

Been 7 days in a row that I've been able to ride in temps not below 45*.

Another pic from the drags this weekend-

Drag%201.JPG

Kevin

Rode the TG each of the last 3 days, getting the break-in miles done.* For me, the stock handlebars are horribly uncomfortable...shoulder starts hurting within 15 minutes.* But I'll have the new bars installed soon.

Ride%20to%20Work.jpg

Riding the Softail today.* Gotta go up to Memphis and did not want to get stuck in traffic on the TG without it fully broken in.

Kevin

Over a year ago I installed these draggers on my Softail.* Here's a copy of a post I made back then-

Been wanting to do this for a while.

Having worn my floorboards down to almost a nub...

Softail%20FB%20Scrape%202.jpg

....I procured some Titanium Dragger/floorboard/footpeg feelers...

Titanium%20Peg%20Feelers.jpg

Got them installed on the Softy today...

Feeler%20Installed%202.jpg

...It's gonna be in the 20's tonite, but within a few days it will warm up enough for my old bones to get out and make some sparks! :)

I was able to drill a hole and install them without having to removing the rubber insert.

Feeler%20Installed%203.jpg
[/quote]

Been wanting to make a video for the last year, finally got one done last week-

Kevin

Interesting video on the sparks from the floor board draggers. I've not ridden a softtail but it appears from the video that the floor boards drag at a much less lean angle than they would on a bagger (Ultra / Limited) with the standard suspension (13" rear shocks). Is that the case or is it just the angle in the shots. I know on the baggers I've had I had to really be leaning before floor boards would scrape.

Interesting video on the sparks from the floor board draggers. I've not ridden a softtail but it appears from the video that the floor boards drag at a much less lean angle than they would on a bagger (Ultra / Limited) with the standard suspension (13" rear shocks). Is that the case or is it just the angle in the shots. I know on the baggers I've had I had to really be leaning before floor boards would scrape.

Softails drag the boards really easily, the Deluxe is 1" lower than the Heritage and drags super easy. Plus when you put floorboard extensions on them (which are much more comfortable), that reduces the lean angle even further.

That said, I can ride perfectly fine and not drag...just need to use more body english.

Kevin

Softails drag the boards really easily, the Deluxe is 1" lower than the Heritage and drags super easy. Plus when you put floorboard extensions on them (which are much more comfortable), that reduces the lean angle even further.

That said, I can ride perfectly fine and not drag...just need to use more body english.

Kevin

Thanks for the explanation. Understand now.

Rode a couple hundred miles this weekend, doing some Temperature Testing on an M8 TG.* Report and video will be coming out soon.

Photo of one of the test points with infrared temp gun-

Infra%20Red%20Temp%20Gun.JPG

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png