A Day in the Life...

We just finished making a hilarious video....will be editing it and posting it up tomorrow or the next day on the DK Custom Products YouTube Channel. :laugh:

Trex%20Dwayne%20Deluxe.JPG

Kevin

Video's done, check it out! :laugh:

Dwayne and I went out yesterday to get some drone footage.* This is our 3rd time out.* I thought we had it pretty well wired...how to fly the thing and get good video...while we have improved, we still have much more to learn.* lol

Here are a couple of screenshots from some video we took yesterday.

Dwayne%20Drone%205-31-19.JPG

Dwayne%20Drone%20TG%205-31-19.JPG

Kevin

Yesterday morning it was sunny on the ride in, no rain in forecast for the day.

Around 530 pm Devin told me to look outside, a storm was rolling in.

haha, it was already here.

It was a pretty massive thunderstorm, And very windy, like the edge of a tornado.

I don't mind rain, or even the wind, but I don't like lightening.

I kept waiting for it to slack off and after 45 minutes it was stronger...around then I was thinking of other ways to get home.

Never have left the bike at the shop before, but last night I was considering it.

Took a couple photos-

This water is what was overflowing out of the gutters!

Rain%208-7-19%20c.jpg

Building down from us, that is the rain blowing sideways over the back half of the building.

Rain%208-7-19%20b.jpg

Finally, after about an hour the lightening was only hitting once every minute or so, rain and wind had slacked off a bit, so off I went.

Rain%208-7-19.jpg

By the time I got home (14 miles) I was carrying an extra 10 lbs of water in my boots and clothes. :)

Kevin

Last week I rode home during a lull in a lightning storm. Got soaking wet.

Last night when I left to ride home, all was clear. As I headed northwest, toward home, it was very dark (normally the sun would still be shining), and lightning bolts were pretty regular.

I booked it on home, hoping to beat getting drenched again.

On the last turn before the house, it still was not raining, so I stopped and got my phone out.

Light%201.JPG

The sun had not set yet, but the sky is lit up by lightning, not the sun...

Light%202.JPG

...but you could not tell from how dark it was...

Light%203.JPG

...it was getting more windy by the minute, cooler too...

Light%204.JPG

...after 5 minutes, with a lightning strike at least every 5 seconds, I rode the last tenth of a mile home.

Light%205.JPG

After the bike was parked, this is from my driveway...I stayed out for another few minutes til the rain started coming down, and the lightning was overhead.

Light%206.JPG

Did not get wet! :)

Kevin

By the time I got home (14 miles) I was carrying an extra 10 lbs of water in my boots and clothes. :)

Kevin

Ohhh yeah, I've played that game too. Rode the Sporty from Sacramento back to Monterey after an anti-helmet law rally. I was wearing the good ol' Gorton's Fisherman bright yellow rubber rain bib overall getup, bloused over my freshly Mink Oiled linesman's boots. Freshly oiled leather jacket over that with gauntlets, so the only place rain could get in was by hitting my neck and running down. That's a couple-three hour ride... when I got home I poured at least two cups of water out of each one of my boots. All that came in down the neck, down my body, and into my boots. Spent about an hour in a hot bathtub after that recovering from the hypothermia!

Ohhh yeah, I've played that game too. Rode the Sporty from Sacramento back to Monterey after an anti-helmet law rally. I was wearing the good ol' Gorton's Fisherman bright yellow rubber rain bib overall getup, bloused over my freshly Mink Oiled linesman's boots. Freshly oiled leather jacket over that with gauntlets, so the only place rain could get in was by hitting my neck and running down. That's a couple-three hour ride... when I got home I poured at least two cups of water out of each one of my boots. All that came in down the neck, down my body, and into my boots. Spent about an hour in a hot bathtub after that recovering from the hypothermia!

I hate it when that happens!

Did that once, many moons ago. Never again want to be that cold!

Kevin

Oh hell, I rode in Korea in -20 wind chill... but that's another story, and I've hijacked your thread enough already! :Dorag:

hahaha, no hijack, this thread is about whatever anyone wants to share about "A day in the life"

Let's hear the story.

Whatever it is, I STILL NEVER want to be that cold again...Mary was microwaving water and dumping it in the tub to try and get me warmed up.

Kevin

We had gone to Ft. Davis with the motorhome one July, pulling the little Night Hawk 250’s on a trailer. After unloading we decided to go for a little “putt” which ended up being a longer-than-planned putt. I was wearing loafers and no helmet, just a ball cap on backwards - as it was just supposed to be a short ride. PHOOEY! We went all the way to Alpine dressed like this.

There were a few showers around. We got almost back into Ft. Davis and rounded the bend right into a fierce microburst. We were still moving and I was fine - until the water got into my loafers. It was COLD and a LOT of it! Nearly froze to death before we could get through town and to the motorhome at the state park. Jumped in a hot shower, then under an electric blanket on high until I finally warmed up.

And we had another adventure in the life of a motorcyclist to tell and laugh about.

“Thanks - for the memories...”

We had gone to Ft. Davis with the motorhome one July, pulling the little Night Hawk 250’s on a trailer. After unloading we decided to go for a little “putt” which ended up being a longer-than-planned putt. I was wearing loafers and no helmet, just a ball cap on backwards - as it was just supposed to be a short ride. PHOOEY! We went all the way to Alpine dressed like this.

There were a few showers around. We got almost back into Ft. Davis and rounded the bend right into a fierce microburst. We were still moving and I was fine - until the water got into my loafers. It was COLD and a LOT of it! Nearly froze to death before we could get through town and to the motorhome at the state park. Jumped in a hot shower, then under an electric blanket on high until I finally warmed up.

And we had another adventure in the life of a motorcyclist to tell and laugh about.

“Thanks - for the memories...”

Yep, the stuff memories are made of.

I still don't want to be that cold again. :laugh:

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png