A Day in the Life...

Material Rack looks kewl ... just curious about one thing .... what do you do with the chips?????

They periodically (sometimes 3x a day) get vacuumed out, straight into a 55 gallon drum. We have 10 of them and when they're all full, it is off to the recycling plant.

Devin just took them last week...we got a whopping $187 dollars for all 10 barrels...better than a poke in the eye, but far less than the couple thousand we paid for the metal before we turned it into chips. :laugh:

Happy New Years!

Kevin

They periodically (sometimes 3x a day) get vacuumed out, straight into a 55 gallon drum. We have 10 of them and when they're all full, it is off to the recycling plant.

Devin just took them last week...we got a whopping $187 dollars for all 10 barrels...better than a poke in the eye, but far less than the couple thousand we paid for the metal before we turned it into chips. :laugh:

Happy New Years!

Kevin

LOL ... funny how that works out ... I had a friend that used to make steel wool from his lathe curls ... dang stuff was so sharp, ya had to wear gloves to use it ... but it sure would strip paint and rust off of parts :D

Sunday at 2pm-

It had not been washed in Many months. Yeah, I rode in heavy rain now and then and it would knocks some of the dirt and bugs off, but it was pretty nasty...worst I've ever let a street bike go.

Unwashed.jpg

Sunday at 3pm-

Should have done this months ago.

Washed.jpg

After the wash I took it inside and dried it off, then gave it a good going over with some 303.

Rode to work this morning...all dry. It is lightly raining now, so it is going to get a coat of road grime on the ride home.

​​​​​​​Oh well, it was clean for about 26 hours. :xzqxz:

Kevin

Yesterday was a bit chilly, 41 or so on the way in, but I did not leave the shop til 8:30 pm and it was a cold 35*. It felt colder, because just two days ago it was in the 60's!

Yesterday's highlight- We had some visitors! Peter, Jerry and Jeff rode to our shop to take a look at the CNC mill in operation.

Devin gave them a good overview of how the machine works....

Peter%20Jerry%20Devin%20Jeff.jpg

...while cutting....

CNC%20M8%20Softail%20Ext.jpg

...some M8 Softail Floorboard Extension.

M8%20Softail%20Floorboard%20Ext.jpg

It was an enjoyable time of talking bikes & making parts.

Thanks guys for stopping by, it was fun! :)

Kevin

M8 Softail Floorboard Extension

Hi Kevin, speaking of footboard extensions I just installed my set on my M8 Softail and what a difference. I live in Illinois, didn't test ride today as it was 19*. But I did test foot placement while on the lift.;) Thanks for all you guys do.

By the way I'm getting my 82 Sportster up and running do you have a sportster web site? I would like to ride it when its between 40* and 50* - would 20w50 non Synthetic oil work or would 50w be better?

Thanks DJ

That is soo kool Kevin

Most shops wont let any one in to see their operation;)

Kevin and Devin are just the best. I've been on a lot of factory floors and love to see these machines in operation. It is truly amazing how advanced they have become. And Devin is a wizard. Very impressive to see the capabilities that DK has.

Thanks Kevin and Devin.

Jerry

Hi Kevin, speaking of footboard extensions I just installed my set on my M8 Softail and what a difference. I live in Illinois, didn't test ride today as it was 19*. But I did test foot placement while on the lift.;) Thanks for all you guys do.

By the way I'm getting my 82 Sportster up and running do you have a sportster web site? I would like to ride it when its between 40* and 50* - would 20w50 non Synthetic oil work or would 50w be better?

Thanks DJ

I think you're really enjoy riding the M8 Softail with those! Appreciate your business.

You can see all our Sporty parts at this link- http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/sportster-parts.htm

You'll be fine with the 20w50 in those temps. That is what HD recommends as the best possible weight for those temps.

Oil%20Weight.jpg

Kevin

Kevin and Devin are just the best. I've been on a lot of factory floors and love to see these machines in operation. It is truly amazing how advanced they have become. And Devin is a wizard. Very impressive to see the capabilities that DK has.

Thanks Kevin and Devin.

Jerry

Hey Jerry,

No doubt about Devin. The machine is expensive, and will do a lot. But it is only as good as the person telling it what to do, and that is a real skill. He's definitely a natural at it, combined with Thousands upon thousands of hours honing his knowledge and skills.

I now it was a cold ride down and back for you guys, didn't help that it was warm in the shop...lol

Thanks for stopping by. Always enjoy visiting with you guys.

Kevin

On the way into the shop this morning I pulled over and took this photo. Been seeing variations of it for the last couple of weeks.

Last year the State put in a new freeway loop that passes about 8 miles from where we live.

Since that time there has been quite a bit of road work on surface streets in the area.

There are three main roads we can take to get to our house from the rest of the world.

The most traveled of those roads is the 309. A few weeks ago the State began working at widening a section of the 309 near our house.

The photo below shows where they are cutting thru peoples front yards to widen the road...taking down fences, tree's etc. Burning all the little stuff and setting aside the larger timber for a logging truck to pick up.

Ride%20in%20on%201-18-19.jpg

Kevin

Reactions: MDO
For those of you that think it does not get cold in Mississippi...it does!

Usually not this cold, but it's not looking good for the next week...I don't ride as much in cold weather as I used to. High 30's to low 40's is the coldest I'll purposely ride in nowadays.

It was 22 for a low last night and was 26* when I came in this morning....In Mary's truck. lol Just did not want to ride in those temps!

Upcoming%20weather%201-25-19.jpg

Kevin

Kevin sorry to hear about your low temps. However we will be in the single numbers and a few minus numbers thrown in just because it's he end of January. We sort of expect the temps to drop like this but it will only be for a few days. Pray everyone stays safe... rub on rub off time of year. Travel safe Fred

IMG_0628.jpg

Kevin sorry to hear about your low temps. However we will be in the single numbers and a few minus numbers thrown in just because it's he end of January. We sort of expect the temps to drop like this but it will only be for a few days. Pray everyone stays safe... rub on rub off time of year. Travel safe Fred

View attachment 66899

Hey Fred,

That stuff looks like fun...and it can be for a few days, but then it's just cold, too cold! :xzqxz:

Kevin

We're having a 1 day respite from our type of cold!* Was 41 on the way in, and still gonna be 60 when I head home in a couple of hours.

Photo of the great ride into the shop this morning.

1-28-19%20ride%20in.jpg

For the next few days we're going to be dipping down into the teens....I know, not cold for y'all up north...nasty cold for us!

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png